Rest Of Baseball - 2013

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Brad Ausmus is the Tigers new manager

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

http://deadspin.com/reports-braves-leaving-atlanta-for-cobb-county-1462167449?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

QuoteAs first reported by the Marietta Daily Journal, the Atlanta Braves will announce their intention to leave the 16-year-old Turner Field for a new stadium in Cobb County, Georgia, when their stadium lease expires after the 2016 season.

(The Atlanta Journal-Constitution just confirmed the report. The announcement was made this morning by Braves officials, including team president John Schuerholz.)

According to the Daily Journal, the new stadium would be completed by 2017, and would be built near the intersection of I-75 and 285. That would put it in Cumberland, closer to Marietta than to Atlanta.

Turner Field is what remains of the Olympic Stadium built for the 1996 Atlanta games. It was converted into a baseball stadium, opened for the 1997 season, and is somehow already the 17th-oldest ballpark in MLB.

Rome

Haha.  Even fewer necks will show up out there.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah they really need a new stadium!

But hey look on the bright side - they can put 13k seats in there so they can have a sellout...maybe

SunMo

MDS

this actually will increase attendance

no one lives in atlanta expect for poor blacks....most people live in the burbs and this is where the stadium is going.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

the only reference I didn't get was the trash cans

PhillyPhreak54

From the STL playoff game when they pelted the field with all the garbage....

SunMo

Rome

smeags

Quote from: MDS on November 11, 2013, 02:33:38 PM
this actually will increase attendance

no one lives in atlanta expect for poor blacks....most people live in the burbs and this is where the stadium is going.

no it won't.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Cobb County is one of the richest counties in the country, so theoretically it should but the same lame asses who don't go to Atlanta won't go there either.

smeags

exactly, the issue is the lame ass fanbase not the location of the stadium.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it