Rest Of Baseball - 2013

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Lil Guy is ordering his JONNY GOMES jersey and growing a beard as we speak.

He just mentioned sabremetrics and WAR in his interview

hbionic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 30, 2013, 10:46:18 PM
Enough God Bless America and America The Beautiful during 7th inning stretches. That's reached pink uniform level annoyance for me.

THANK.YOU.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 30, 2013, 11:28:34 PM
Lil Guy is ordering his JONNY GOMES jersey and growing a beard as we speak.

He just mentioned sabremetrics and WAR in his interview

hes right

in the playoffs all stats are meaningless...things just happen in the playoffs. do it or dont.

in the regular season they can more or less tell you exactly whats going to happen.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 30, 2013, 09:31:33 PM
victorino with a three run double to clinch the world series....at least romey is happy

i'm happy for him, lumpy.  boston can suck it.

Geowhizzer

Meh... wife's family is happy. 

Sgt PSN

I'm happy for Pineapple Head, too.  Always been a fan of his despite the occasional blunder. 

Big Papi was un-farging-real during the series though.  It's like he was swinging at a soccer ball the entire postseason. 

SunMo

i think the thing that infuriates me most about the boston fans is that they are now manufacturing ways to live in their "woe is me" mentality.  these farging cvnts have won 3 titles in 10 years and all i've heard last night and today is them reference 1918 because it's the first one they have won at home since then.  hey you farging jagoffs, you don't get sympathy because your first two titles were won on the road.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Pretty much.  I'm pretty indifferent on the Red Sox in general because they aren't a true rival for the Phils even though there's some sort of Philly/Boston rivalry with the Celtics and (not that I care) Bruins, but Sawx fan stopped being a sympathetic figure once they won it in 04....especially with it coming on the heels of possibly the greatest comeback in sports history against the Yanks in the ALCS. 

Winning a championship at home is only awesome for the 50 or 60k fans who are able to actually go to the game.  The other 1mil who live in/around Boston are celebrating in front of a tv no matter where the team wins the series. 

ice grillin you

you dont even have to like sports much less have to like a rival of boston to despise red sox fans....they are some of the worst human beings on the planet....really new englanders are but red sox fans take it to another level....god i farging hate boston with all my energy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

so this is the worst thing that could happen for you sports wise ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

not worse than sox in 2004....no single season will ever top that in terms of pain for me but yes the red sox even being good much less winning a title is straight misery for me

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 31, 2013, 08:38:36 AM
you dont even have to like sports much less have to like a rival of boston to despise red sox fans....they are some of the worst human beings on the planet....really new englanders are but red sox fans take it to another level....god i farging hate boston with all my energy

Fans, yes.  But I really don't care either way about the team itself because they play in a different league and up until recently, they never faced each other in the reg season.  And even now with them being a forced "rivalry" with interleague play, 6 or 7 games out of 162 isn't enough to really get me fired up about them.

ice grillin you

the team basically is the fans...this years team was gross but nothing tops that farging kevin millar cowboy up bullshtein

Sgt PSN

Haha...that shtein was awful.

smeags

i guess it's safe to say that this is one piece of baseball memorabilia that igy won't be bidding on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301000815635?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_624wt_959
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it