Rest Of Baseball - 2013

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

how is that baseball players make more than football players even though football destroys baseball in every conceivable financial aspect
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

162 games.......white wealthy fanbases
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

football tv contract and merchandise deals destroy baseball....less travel costs, less overhead, etc.

bottom line the owners make more than baseball owners do yet spend less on employees even though 1. the careers of the players are considerably shorter 2. the unbelievable health risks involved
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

i have no way of proving this because these arent public companies but the nfl and its teams are more profitable than mlb and its teams

do they yankees have more money than the bengals? sure. but on the whole it aint close.

ice grillin you

i think you pretty much said it....the top mlb teams destroy the top nfl teams....but as a league the nfl has an advantage

revenue sharing in the nfl makes a big difference.....and obviously the salary cap too

MDS

ice grillin you

im not really sure why you are going by franchise worth but ok

MDS

isnt that what we were talking about?

excuse me for being stone cold sober

QB Eagles

You guys are missing the most obvious difference.

53 > 25
X/25 > X/53

The NFL salary cap (which all teams hover around) is $123 million, which is bigger than the mean MLB payroll by about $20 million. Of course baseball has an enormous disparity in team payrolls, but basically the NFL players are pulling in more money, there are just a lot more of them to divvy up the cash.

MDS

true

but peyton manning is exponentially more important to his team than robinson cano and better at his individual sport but cano is making more (i think)

Geowhizzer

BigEd76

3-way trade:

DBacks get Mark Trumbo and 2 PTBNLs
White Sox get Adam Eaton
Angels get Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago

Dillen

Assuming the PTBNL aren't valuable Angels pieces, that's a hell of a deal for them

Brett Anderson to Colorado for Drew Pomeranz and a lower prospect

PhillyPhreak54

Bartolo Colon - 2yrs $20M - NY MET