Rest Of Baseball - 2013

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillen

5 years $85m. They're a joke. I'm in Yankee country and they all love it. How quickly does everyone think it'll turn into a bad contract? O/u set at 2.5 years

ice grillin you

it will be a bad contract when he misses all of may and june with an injury of some sort
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

He's got shoulder problems and his knees will go soon.

He will fit well into Yankee Stadium though.

And he will start a brawl or three when they play Boston

Rome

That Chooch deal isn't looking quite so awful now, is it?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on November 24, 2013, 06:44:40 AM
That Chooch deal isn't looking quite so awful now, is it?

you are the best

Rome

Oh, don't get me wrong... it's a hideous deal.  But in comparison to McCann's deal, it's a low mileage owned by a little old lady top of the line Mercedes.

ice grillin you

the primary difference in the deals is that one guy is an all star caliber player and the other is a POS

MDS

and one team doesnt have a roster full of 40 year old players with 5 year deals
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2013, 09:31:00 AM
the primary difference in the deals is that one guy is an all star caliber player and the other is a POS

Yep...McCann is the POS.

MDS

3-16 for joe smith

this is the new reality of the open baseball market. i blame amaro.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

STL is about to give Jhonny Peralta 4rs $52M....jesus

Rome

I wouldn't give McCann Chooch's deal.

And since when is Chooch a POS? 

ice grillin you

since he turned a hundred and stopped juicing

really i don't care about the chooch deal....its meaningless in the big picture i just wouldn't be throwing stones if i was a phillie fan

BigEd76

He's allowed to juice again.  Things will be OK

Also that McCann deal has a club option to make it 6/$100M

Rome

He wasn't juicing.  He was using Adderall without permission from MLB.  He's obtained the proper waiver now, so that won't be an issue.   Regardless, he's never been a piece of shtein nor is he now.  At the minimum he's a competent defensive catcher and he handles the staff like a professional.  He's also a right-handed bat in a lineup filled with lefties.  You calling him a piece of shtein is just ridiculous, even for you.

And since when is it verboten around here to mock other teams' ridiculous personnel decisions?   Are we not supposed to point and laugh at teams that sign clowns like McCann to horrendous deals just because we have a dipshtein running the Phillies into the ground?

I'm gonna go ahead an mock this deal.  Is that ok with you, sweet pea?