Rest Of Baseball - 2013

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

The team that was pretty much HR or K all season only hit 1 HR in the series and lost in 4.  VORP!

hbionic

Was at the game tonight.

Steve Garvey opens the game with "Welcome to the final game of the NLDS!"

That home run by Uribe ignited the stadium like no other time I've witnessed. It was amazing. I know you guys know the feeling being champs in recent years.

There was nothing like beating the braves in this fashion. The whole place was tomahawk choppin, war-chant chanting, Kimbrel wipe that look off your face, braves go the farg home.

farg. The. Braves.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

we make jokes but when they show doyer fans are legit

no football...lol hockey...cant get into staples...the real folks come out to estadio de los doyers and it shows

problem they are very frontrunnery. perhaps that has changed under the new ownership, though
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2013, 04:57:21 AM
problem they are very frontrunnery. perhaps that has changed under the new ownership, though

Every fan base is front runnery to a certain degree.  Except Braves, Rays, and Marlins fans.  They just simply don't go no matter what.  But Doyers fans definitely got sick of McCourt during his last 2 years.  I think the Dodgers had the biggest decline in attendance of any team in 2010 and 2011....and this was during a period where MLB attendance was going up just about everywhere else. 

BigEd76

Quote from: hbionic on October 08, 2013, 04:11:56 AMThat home run by Uribe ignited the stadium like no other time I've witnessed. It was amazing. I know you guys know the feeling being champs in recent years.

Yea we're also familiar with Uribe ending our season

smeags

any braves fans get shanked ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

when does recent become not recent?

10 years in sports?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Rome

That can't be real.  The Braves are by far my most hated bb team but to turn your back on a franchise icon just because he picked the opposition to win is beyond petty.

farg that franchise to hell and back.

Sgt PSN

Deadspin is basically the TMZ of sports, so it's hard to take them seriously, but I can't recall them being wrong or even exceptionally inaccurate very often. 

SunMo

it's not hard to take them seriously at all, they are much more than tmz.

sure they do their "gotcha" stories but the bring some real stuff to the table a lot more than tmz does.

and plus, imo, they know that the mainstream media is ready to shtein on them the first time they make a major mistake so they go the extra mile to fact check everything.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on October 08, 2013, 01:46:55 PM
it's not hard to take them seriously at all, they are much more than tmz.

Eh, when they do stories that involve text message screen shots about RGIII going out for a booty call on his wedding day, I'd say that's pretty TMZish.  They do a lot of tabloid-type stories on things that are actually pretty irrelevant, like no Braves players wanting to catch Larry's pitch.

But I do agree that they fact check the living shtein out things before putting on their site, even if it is a silly story like this one.   

smeags

well, he was right so larry got the last laugh. 
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Colonel McCann and Sergeant Johnson policing baseball from arrogant thugs and pimp artists since 2013!