Super Bowl XLVII

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2013, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I like both cities.

I like some of the players on both teams.

I'm rooting for Baltimore.  It just makes my life easier.

Also, there are a slew of Baltimore players I wish were Eagles.

Ray Rice
Bernard Pierce
Vonta Leach
Anquan Boldin
Haloti Ngata
Paul Kruger
Torrey Smith
Dannell Ellerbe
Bernard Pollard
Ed Reed
Ray Lewis
Dennis Pitta
Courtney Upshaw

For farg sake, their kicker is great.

All hail Ozzie Newsome.  I hope Baltimore wins just so he can get another ring.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Usually I'd go for Baltimore because they're close but the whole Ray Lewis fiasco has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Go 9ers

Sgt PSN

Eh, I can probably make a list of reasons to root for or against either team.  Going with Bodymore because farg you. 

Zanshin

Tough call. I'll probably go with Baltimore, mostly because John seems like less of a fleshpop than Jim.

Feva

I'm with the Ravens.

Do it for Dookie...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

i could never root for another team and i cant really find a reason to hate anyone in this game

i really dont like the afc at all so i guess i will root for nfc...i wouldnt hate sf tying the steelers for most superbowls either and hopefully passing them at some point...steelers make me sick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

That's the one thing that really pulls me towards SF.....just the fact that Pittsburgh wouldn't be atop the SB win list by themselves. 

The downer with Bodymore is that the team hasn't even been around for 20 years yet and would already have their 2nd. 

In short, it sucks being an Eagles fan. 

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 24, 2013, 11:37:57 AMIn short, it sucks being an Eagles fan.

Something we can all agree with, maybe.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 24, 2013, 11:37:57 AM
That's the one thing that really pulls me towards SF.....just the fact that Pittsburgh wouldn't be atop the SB win list by themselves. 

The downer with Bodymore is that the team hasn't even been around for 20 years yet and would already have their 2nd. 

In short, it sucks being an Eagles fan.

However...seeing Baltimore win another SB would kill a lot of Steelers fans I know
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

That's a given with the divisional rivalry.  That's why the only time I ever take a hard rooting interest in the SB is if an NFC East team is in it and I'm rooting hard against them, more than I'm actually rooting for the opposing team. 

In a year like this where I really don't care about either team, I pretty much just go for the team that I pick to win so that I can feel really smart afterwards.  So since I'm picking the Ravens to win, "rooting" for them is really just rooting for myself. 

hbionic

Bodymore. Does anyone still call them that?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

reese125

cant root for 4 yr old tantrum-throwing bitches on sidelines...go bmore

i want cake now.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'm cheering for beer and free halftime swag and grub.