Jim Washburn Fired

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 03, 2012, 07:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

you can't make this shtein up:
QuoteThe rift between Reid and his defensive line has been brewing for awhile, apparently.

According to Jaguars beat writer Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union, Jason Babin said that Andy Reid removed the fridge and coffee maker from defensive line room during the Eagles' bye week.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 03, 2012, 03:17:17 PM
Not that I'm defending Castillo, but if Washburn was punking Juan in front of the team then why wasn't he fired before Castillo?  He absolutely should have been the first coach out the door.

Also, I've said before that I have doubts about Lurie not being able to actually fire Reid but I don't see how he keeps him now. What coordinator or position coach in their right mind would want to work for Reid after this shtein? 
Good point about why washburn wasn't fired first. With Reid, his contract is up at the end of the season so there isn't an issue with keeping him, and I don't see any way he gets a new contract since even a 2 year extension would be guaranteed.

Also, Reid didn't care if they had a fridge, he took it because of the ice cream and frozen pizzas inside.

MDS

at this point im not sure andy wiping his own ass his a spur of the moment decision
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

methdeez

Quote from: SD on December 03, 2012, 03:32:10 PM
QuoteThe rift between Reid and his defensive line has been brewing for awhile, apparently.

According to Jaguars beat writer Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union, Jason Babin said that Andy Reid removed the fridge and coffee maker from defensive line room during the Eagles' bye week.
Well you could of course. And considering "According to Jaguars beat writer Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union" its very possible that someone did.

reese125

head coach son dies
president of football ops leaves
def coord fired
president of communications fired
president of marketing fired
pro bowl starter cut on the spot
def line coach fired
starting qb benched
coaches abusing other coaches in front of players
head coaches stealing shtein out of rooms in the middle of the night on spite
3-9 and counting
wow

General_Failure

I want to see Juan come back as the o-line coach next year. The more I read, the more he seems like the only guy that isn't an icehole.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: reese125 on December 03, 2012, 04:24:56 PM
head coach son dies
president of football ops leaves
def coord fired
president of communications fired
president of marketing fired
pro bowl starter cut on the spot
def line coach fired
starting qb benched
coaches abusing other coaches in front of players
head coaches stealing shtein out of rooms in the middle of the night on spite
3-9 and counting
wow

And owner wife fired as well
Also Phil Savage who was the behind the scenes guy to coach Howie up after Grigson left (then replaced by Donohoe)

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on December 03, 2012, 04:42:45 PM
I want to see Juan come back as the o-line coach next year. The more I read, the more he seems like the only guy that isn't an icehole.

farg it.  Make him the HC. 

ice grillin you

i laughed then cried last night when they played the luck presser and he says "mr grigson has put together a trememdous locker room here"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: methdeez on December 03, 2012, 04:22:45 PM
Quote from: SD on December 03, 2012, 03:32:10 PM

Well you could of course. And considering "According to Jaguars beat writer Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union" its very possible that someone did.

LOL.....the entire state has a newspaper? 

General_Failure

shorebird

Geez, this is as bad as I've ever seen this franchise, and I always thought it would never get as bad or worse than the Kotie era.

Sgt PSN

McClane saying that Roseman was the one basically lobbied for Washburn in the first place.  But I'm sure you could have figured that out on your own by reading the url. 

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20121203_Roseman_played_a_role_in_hiring_Washburn__sources_say.html

BigEd76

Lobbied for him, then when pressured about the hire, the weasel puts out a C.Y.A. statement:

Quote"Andy Reid has full and final control over all decisions over his coaching staff. To say that I had more to say, or more involvement or more input than Andy Reid in hiring Jim Washburn is categorically false."

General_Failure

Oh yeah, we're in for a fun half a decade.