Jim Washburn Fired

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 03, 2012, 07:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

he never said Andy was gone if he went 8-8.  he said 8-8 was not acceptable.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

so what's 3-13....long term extension?

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Roob

QuoteWashburn, a lifetime defensive coach who's never been shy about speaking his mind and trampling anyone in his way, often made his disdain for Castillo clear.

Washburn operated apart from Castillo, running his own little defensive line fiefdom and often either ignoring Castillo or derisively calling him "Juanita" in front of his players, the veteran defensive player said. He was condescending and confrontational and embarrassed Castillo frequently in meetings and at practice and also went over the line criticizing his players at times.

The current Eagles assistant coach said both Washburn and Mudd looked down on the other position coaches, held themselves in higher regard than the others and rarely interacted with their colleagues.

Good riddance.  More proof that old people suck

General_Failure

So you guys think that all the bad hiring decisions Reid made will save his job? That's what I think you're saying.

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

I don't see how anyone that loses 12 straight gets to save his job

Rome

You can't have insubordinate iceholes running their sewers working for you.

This is all on Lurie, though.  He allowed himself to get talked into this wire hangar abortion and now it's on him to clean up afterwards.

First step should be to fire Howie then institute an immediate GM search.  He has to find an Ozzie Newsome type and forgo the Ivy League wonder boys at all costs.

He won't because he's just as inept as the rest of them.

General_Failure

Quote from: Rome on December 03, 2012, 01:40:40 PM
You can't have insubordinate iceholes running their sewers working for you.

This is all on Lurie, though.  He allowed himself to get talked into this wire hangar abortion and now it's on him to clean up afterwards.

First step should be to fire Howie then institute an immediate GM search.  He has to find an Ozzie Newsome type and forgo the Ivy League wonder boys at all costs.

He won't because he's just as inept as the rest of them.

Next year's GM: Ike Reese

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

jesus christ this team is such an abomination

i cant believe lurie is sitting twiddling his thumbs and letting this thing go on
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BobbyT

It's amazing what a punch in the face from Juan might have done.

"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

Rome

Try for a second to imagine anyone challenging Andy's authority like that circa 2001.

He's checked out mentally and physically and has been since at least 2008.  Once JJ died that was it.  Lurie should have broom swept that sumbitch, but he's a sniveling weenie, so of course that wasn't happening.

BigEd76

QuoteBabin: "Coach Reid got rid of our refrigerator and our coffee maker in our room. So I could tell there was some feelings between Coach and Wash that were on the surface. You could kind of feel the tension a little bit. I mean, get rid of a guy's refrigerator and coffee maker?"

Appliance fight!

SD

Mcmanus says sources told him the Washburn firing happened on the spot in Dallas

Sgt PSN

Not that I'm defending Castillo, but if Washburn was punking Juan in front of the team then why wasn't he fired before Castillo?  He absolutely should have been the first coach out the door.

Also, I've said before that I have doubts about Lurie not being able to actually fire Reid but I don't see how he keeps him now. What coordinator or position coach in their right mind would want to work for Reid after this shtein? 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on December 03, 2012, 03:04:41 PM
Mcmanus says sources told him the Washburn firing happened on the spot in Dallas

I don't buy it.  I think this move was in the works after Washburn blew up over Babin getting cut. No way they were able to pull a guy out of a 7 year retirement to come into this situation in just a few hours. They had to work Brasher over for a few days before getting a commitment from him.

I mean, maybe the firing happened immediately following the game but it wasn't a spur of the moment decision.