Jim Washburn Fired

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 03, 2012, 07:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Just announced on WIP.

Tommy Brasher, the old DL coach, hired.

Roob says Washburn had become disruptive and blew up threatening to quit after Babin was cut.

SD

At first firing him now made no sense, if you're going to stick with Reid till seasons end you might as well stick with Washburn too. After hearing about Babin good farging riddance. 

Quote"Jim is a fine football coach and we appreciate the efforts he gave to this team over the past two years," said head coach Andy Reid. "However, I determined that it was in the team's best interest that we move in a different direction in terms of trying to maximize the production of that position group. We look forward to having Tommy Brasher back on board to work with the defensive line."

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Other writers echoing the sentiments that Washburn had become a problem with one beat guy getting a text from a coach saying he'd become a cancer among the team.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BobbyT

How could you be upset at Babin getting waived? I don't care if he is BFF. Washburn been around long enough to know the business and Babin was horrendous.
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

SD

Because Washburn is a crankly old stubborn fart who's only concern in life is QB sacks. Babin was the worst 10+ sack player in league history but to Washburn he was like a son because he mentored an average skilled player to be successful so he takes it personal when his boy is cut. Good riddance to them both. Maybe he'll go to Jacksonville so they can still go fishing together like father like son.

ice grillin you

what a collosal shtein show this franchise is right now

does anyone else feel like all these firings are going to be used as excuses for andy and hes actually gonna be the one guy that doesnt go
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I had that exact same thought.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 03, 2012, 11:00:42 AM

does anyone else feel like all these firings are going to be used as excuses for andy and hes actually gonna be the one guy that doesnt go

yup... if you asked me to place a bet i'd bet Andy is back next year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

methdeez

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 03, 2012, 11:00:42 AM

No way. He is dooooone. This team is in chaos right now.

Seabiscuit36

My brother and i had the same conversation last night.  It's a guarantee that he's back.  They're going to sell it as a cancerous lockerroom see 2005.  Andy will get a mulligan, Howie will get another raise, we'll all be one step closer to death. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

DH

Andy just said "I didnt make this move to save my job...believe me, this is not what this is about"...Take it FWIW, but I'm having the same feeling now about Andy being here longterm.

reese125

SD said it right--Wash was just a problem around the guys. He had to go.

This is all for naught on Reid's part as the head coach next year. Matter of fact hes doing exactly what he should be doing as a head coach-esp someone as close to Lurie to not make a mockery of the organization.

Lurie couldn't have been more clear in his presser. You go 8-8 see ya. If he retracts on that his house gets soaped and fans will rebel in the worst way--sticking it right to his pockets. I know that's been said before of fans not going to games, but I really do feel it would happen next year. Fans can't take Andy Reid anymore and they cant win. This is way past the notion that Lurie needs to keep Reid to keep his pockets full. A hiring of big name coach or any coach for that matter will keep the pockets and stands full regardless.

SD

Quote from: reese125 on December 03, 2012, 12:19:21 PM

Lurie couldn't have been more clear in his presser. You go 8-8 see ya. If he retracts on that his house gets soaped and fans will rebel in the worst way--sticking it right to his pockets. I know that's been said before of fans not going to games, but I really do feel it would happen next year. Fans can't take Andy Reid anymore and they cant win. This is way past the notion that Lurie needs to keep Reid to keep his pockets full. A hiring of big name coach or any coach for that matter will keep the pockets and stands full regardless.

To me that's the key phrase of why Andy is 100% out of here. You don't make a declaration of that degree then go back on your words when things are actually worse off. The team has been in a steady decline. Last season there was no TC, a bunch of new players/coaches etc. They played well at the end of the season...fine he was given a chance to right the ship. Then this disaster happens, and it's easy to chalk it up to injuries but every Eagles fan on the planet knows even if they're 100% healthy their record is very similar. In a strange way we lucked out with the injuries, the team wasn't winning the SB this season, we got to see the young guys play, get a top draft pick, and a new coaching staff. That's almost as good as getting the wildcard.