2013 Eagles Draft Pick Thread

Started by ice grillin you, November 18, 2012, 08:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 23, 2013, 10:46:30 AM
No need to if they're trading for Albert.  They'll stay and take a CB

would be idiotic to give up a pick for albert instead of giving up a pick to go and get one of the rookie tackles...they are doing everything they can to trade up....albert is the fallback option
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 23, 2013, 10:35:12 AM
Schefter says the Eagles are one of five teams in the top 12 that want to trade back.  The Lions, Browns, Bills and Dolphins are the others
This is why the last few weeks up to the draft are so useless. It's all mundane information that somehow qualifies as "news", where basically everything these reporters have been told has a 50.50 chance of being true or complete horseshtein.

ice grillin you

yeah they literally make stuff up and just throw it out there to see what sticks....as of now and the last month or so dolphins are so obviously trying to move up...yet schefter says back...

albert has been on the trade market for a couple months...if they wanted him they could have had him a long time ago....they want one of the rookie tackles....actually wouldnt suprise at all if they are trying to get up to four

ice grillin you

my wants for this year.....

Selection 1

A. chance warmack – day one probowl level starter....no other player in the draft can say this....would fill the weakest spot on the entire team (the fireman)...high floor high ceiling...cant ask for much more than that (would be absolutely nothing wrong with jonathan cooper her as well)

C. louie louie – DT – also really like shariff here (nicetown represent)...but i think louie fits better  as he would be able to step out and be a disruptive force as a 5 technique...shariff can play in the 3-4 i believe (some people dont) but hes more limited to a one gap guy although i think he can be a great at it...either one of them and fletcher cox would be a terrific foundation along the d front...

B. dion jordan  - OLB– truth be told im really down with whoever the eagles choose here...cant think of anyone that would piss me off...trent cole and brandon graham playing in space is not a good look...they badly need athleticism on the front seven and especially on the edges...jordan would fit the bill perfectly..negatives are that he may be a couple years away from realizing full potential and does have some bust properties
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selection 2

A. tank carradine – OLB/DE – big time upside as a playmaker disrupter...coming off a knee injury...its this injury that will have to cause him to fall to 35 because talent wise hes a no doubt first rounder

B. justin pugh – OG – three year tackle in college but is destined for the inside in the nfl...would start day one plus has a nice upside....would be an unbelievable value pick in the second round especially considering the hole it would fill...he also should be able to fill in at tackle....providing depth along the line...bucks county represent

C.  datone jones - DE – has incredible hands...is long like chipper supposedly likes and can get to the qb...physical specimen and massive look test PASS...like about 50 other players in the draft he could go from somewhere in the 20's of the first round to the tens of the second round

D.  john cyprien – S – great tackler (will stop people) but not a monster hitter (penalty machine) which fits in the new nfl perfectly imo...hes not going to be out on an island for you nor will he run with a lot of wr's....but has more than enough range to be a playmaker....very questionable as to whether he will be around at 35

E. justin hunter – WR – eagles probably cant afford a boom or bust pick here but hunters upside is so big and their need for a true number one big outside wr is so great that I wouldnt hate on this
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selection 3

A. jamie collins – OLB – phreaky ability....would be a solid second day selection as a fall back plan to not getting dion jordan in the first round (if they even want dion jordan)...sick combine might push this cat into the second round

B. brian schwenke – C – one thing the eagles desperately need to address in this draft is OL depth...schwenke would do that and his ability to play G or C would make him the perfect back up.....not that he wouldn't or couldnt win a starting job 

C. phillip thomas – S – all around safety prospect...very good tackler who also makes all kinds of plays on the ball...better suited for free but i think if needed he could move to strong and you wouldnt be hurt....had  a bad leg injury in 2011

D. larry warford – G – imo he wont be here going somewhere after 35 and before 67 but hes a good enough talent to trade up for in the right deal and if somehow he falls to 67 then it's a no brainer
Selection 4

A. corey lemonier – OLB – great ability to get off the edge as a pass rusher but also played in space at auburn...would be an ideal 3-4 outside backer

B. hugh thorton – G – another versatile lineman that the eagles could add to the mix....played tackle senior year in college but he almost has to be a G in the pros with the ability to move outside in an injury situation

C. jordan reed – TE – hybrid TE type that can take advantage of match ups all over the field....ideal for the 2013 version of the nfl

D. stephan taylor – i know the last thing they need is a rb.....but i love everything about taylor...one of the better blocking backs ive seen in college and a top notch pass catcher out of the back field...is both powerful and shifty...would be a great all around weapon for chipper to line up almost anywhere he wanted...
Selection 5

A. lerentee mcray – OLB – nice athlete who can get his man off the edge...if you saw the florida tex am game this year you will remember him working the joker...if nothing else he should be a great special teamer/back up...but def has potential to significantly contribute on defense.

B. earl watford – OG – overbrook holla!!....athletic guard with great feet who can also power...level of competition is an issue but at this stage of the draft would be a nice value pick to coach up

C. khaled holmes – C – lineman who can really move and get out to the second level...added bonus is he is supposed to be a natural born leader and super coachable...perfect attributes for a center and a locker room in general
Selections 6-9

A.  nick williams – DT – very talented high ceiling (for a 3rd day guy) player shouldn't fall this far but im banking on the eagles to move up out of the 7th since they have four picks there...this would be a really good guy to target...limited experience

B. jakar hamilton – FS – another versatile guy....who could corner up in nickel/dime packages

C. jaron brown – WR – overshadowed by clemsons other lock nfl wr's brown has the talent and skill to shine...i also read one scout even mentioned that he would be potential change of position player to CB....seems like the perfect 7th round flyer

D. dewayne cherrington – DT – absolute load of a beast who can also move a little although hes strictly a 0-1 technique nose

E.  marcus davis – WR – his talent should cause him to go higher but again maybe they can steal him in the 5th or 6th with a trade up...has borderline elite measureables

F.  dax swanson – CB – very small but has legit cover skills...would look good as a 4th corner  man to man guy.

G. david king – DE – dook was a stud coming out of high school but never quite flashed like he was supposed to in college....that said he has a great body that will allow him to move around the line of scrimmage...huge look test PASS

H. jonathan stewart – ILB – think he would be a great special teamer and a great competitor in a camp setting

I. zach sudfeld – TE – big 6-7 tight end who can move a little bit too....injury issues

J. earl wolff – SS – another guy that probably will go 6th round...I think he can be a starter one day but if not a very good back up and a special teams monster

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Leave him alone, he's from Philly.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

SD

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 23, 2013, 10:35:12 AM
Schefter says the Eagles are one of five teams in the top 12 that want to trade back.  The Lions, Browns, Bills and Dolphins are the others

I'll be surprised if the Eagles actually select at 4. I think they're trading back to the 10 range and picking up an extra second and maybe a later pick or 2014 pick.

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on April 23, 2013, 05:33:37 PM
I want...

Whores.

Eight Ball.

I fall in love with you a little more every time you post sweet little nothings like that.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

LaCanfora name drops Barkevious Mingo as a possibility at 4. Said he's been hearing his name there a lot

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 23, 2013, 07:09:53 PM
LaCanfora name drops Barkevious Mingo as a possibility at 4. Said he's been hearing his name there a lot
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 23, 2013, 07:09:53 PM

hes either completely making it up or the eagles are feeding him false info

BigEd76

-- Rapoport mentions Austin as a possibility if they trade back

-- Mosher is hearing Manuel might go top 20, then this afternoon Manuel claims the Eagles want him bad

PhillyPhreak54

Baldinger is on the Barkevious Mingo train too - said hes rocketed up the Eagles board.

Eagles_Legendz

pass on mingo unless they're trading down to 10-12.

Sgt PSN

Has anyone else seen this corny ass mock-draft-role-playing-exercise ESPN did today with Trey Wingo, Mangini and a couple other dudes whose names escape me?  They went through the draft order pretending that they were each respective team's war room and put themselves on the clock.  They talked about needs with each person kind of arguing for this guy or that.  Then they'd get a fake phone call with some sort of trade offer that they'd talk about and then make a fake call back to either accept or deny the proposal.  It may have been the worst thing ESPN has ever put on the air.