Week 3 - 2012

Started by ice grillin you, September 20, 2012, 10:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Right....this season is the first time I've ever seen terrible calls or the refs not remember the rules (or in some other way farg them up: "he called heads")

ice grillin you

so prior to this season somewhere within the 80 years of american pro football there was a bad call made means these refs are not a big drop off from the real guys?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Yeah, these scab refs are beyond atrocious.  Regular refs do make bad calls but at least when they go to review they almost always get it right.  How these refs didn't overturn the call after review is beyond me.

Although I will say that Jennings' dumb ass should have just knocked the ball down like he's been taught since pee wee instead of going for the pick, then he never would have put the scabs in a position to farg up that call in the first place.

Tomahawk

The number of bad calls by refs within the 80 years of american pro football is incalculable

ice grillin you

some penn state kicker missed a 28 yard fg in 1966....sam ficken isnt that bad

PhillyPhreak54

The normal refs make bad calls (Hoculi's fumble call in SD a few yrs ago, plus numerous others)

But they do not throw a flag on every goddamn pass down the field. In the BAL game there was a flag on four consecutive passes. PI, PI, illegal contact, holding.

Nor do they make such blatant and egregious mistakes. Tell me when you saw something like what happened in the Eagles game (and others this weekend) with the real refs? And the flow of the game is disjointed.

ice grillin you

nfl released its statement on last night

they "support decision not to overturn on field ruling" and "the result of the game is final"

lololol

PhillyPhreak54

http://deadspin.com/5946249/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

QuoteThe aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

Bwahahaha - goddamn the NFL thinks we are stupid.

They say the replay official looked at it and it was indeed reviewable and then they threw their pawn scan ref under the 18-wheeler doing 95mph.

MDS

you know who the supervising official was for the game?

phil luckett.

yup, the guy who got the heads/tails thing wrong in 1998. boom.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 25, 2012, 07:16:54 AM
Quote from: Eagaholic on September 25, 2012, 03:00:28 AM
Well, I just left a nice message on either the office of the commissioner's line or on some imposter's service. I think though it is legit.

I told him how I was a die hard baseball fan until the strike of '94. And was still grudgingly willing to come back until Roberto Alomar spit in an umpire's face - but then, had the disgusting gall to say people were giving him a hard time because they felt sorry for the ump because his kid recently died. I told Rog that his MBL POS counterpart did virtually nothing and I haven't watched baseball since. And my team, who as a kid I listened to every night on the radio as i went to sleep, has been to the WS twice in recent years and I couldn't  care less.

Same with the Flyers. Die hard fan. Had the NFL ticket as soon as it became available and never missed a game. Then with the last strike just got tired of all the BS they heap on us and expect us to eat. But I had enough. Even though they went to the finals, I'd watch a couple periods here and there but that's it. No jerseys, no games, no NHL package, almost no watching on TV.

And if my team gets hosed by NFL replacement refs that will be it, I'll be done with this and all the other NFL bullshtein, like the repulsive selling of non-existent SB tickets to kids who went into hock with their life savings to go down to dallas for a once in a lifetime chance to see their team play, only to get ripped off by filthy, corrupt egomaniacs, and miss the game.  And Rog, for every one fan that actually calls there are 5,000 who don't but feel the same way. Maybe you think fans have an unlimited capacity to take shtein from the league and will still keep coming back, but you are wrong. Eventually people will awaken from their addiction and say enough, I'm outa here. Click.

if even half of this is true you are the biggest bitch on the planet and air should boycott your lungs

Yes yes IGY, we get your predictable schtick. Never miss an opportunity to parade your ignorance in all its blazing glory. I know this will come as a shock to you, but the NFL and MLB are no different than the savings and loan industry, Exxon Mobil, your credit card company or any other greed obsessed industry doesn't give one shtein about you other than extracting as much of your money as possible. And if somebody gets to the point where they say farg you and walks away, it is fine. Nothing wrong with that. We'd be better off if more people did the same.

Of course this is lost on you because unlike the rest of us, your life is worthless and has no meaning without sportz. Yay, you.

ice grillin you

MDS

im still confused as to why roberto alomar spitting in john hershbeck's face was the tipping point

he was suspended, his reputation was tarnished and in actuality, it was pretty funny. how that one moment could cause someone to give up baseball is beyond me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

There are less reasons to give up baseball. farg all sports for that matter. They're entertaining. But when one realizes that the payoff for all of the sacrifices one makes with their time and energy isn't all that worth it, it's easy to walk away.

Just like any relationship...there is a thin line between love and hate. Many of us have gotten to that point. I just happen to be addicted to pain. It's why I keep coming back.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

The NFL has gone beyond lying to the fans with these worthless scab motherfargers.  They're openly daring fans to say farg you and walk away now.  They're that arrogant, especially Goodell, who I think has done more to damage the game than anyone else in its history.  They've turned it into a farging bitch-assed fashion show instead of a sport and that's a goddamn shame.

As I've said before I haven't reached my tipping point with it but I get why others have.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2012, 01:59:05 AM
holy shtein its legit

i think its an office number...sounds like his secretary or something on the voicemail.

More than 70,000 voicemails were left

lol