2012 Eagles Prediction Thread - Week 15 - Cincinnati Bengals

Started by ice grillin you, September 04, 2012, 10:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Feva on September 19, 2012, 08:58:04 AM
Quiet as kept, the Cards D is pretty damn good. They have a definite advantage with their strength (D-line) vs the Eagles weakness (O-line) will cause some problems.

Know what the offense did well last week and what they did well at the end of last season...using max protect. The Eagles don't disguise when they're using max protect, they usually line up a RB/TE in the backfield in a form of a pro set then have them shift to the sides of the tackles. You can't use max protect every play but when your QB is running for his life it's a nice variant to use along with the running game.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on September 19, 2012, 09:06:22 AM
Quote from: Feva on September 19, 2012, 08:58:04 AM
Quiet as kept, the Cards D is pretty damn good. They have a definite advantage with their strength (D-line) vs the Eagles weakness (O-line) will cause some problems.

Know what the offense did well last week and what they did well at the end of last season...using max protect. The Eagles don't disguise when they're using max protect, they usually line up a RB/TE in the backfield in a form of a pro set then have them shift to the sides of the tackles. You can't use max protect every play but when your QB is running for his life it's a nice variant to use along with the running game.

after you brought this up i broke down all their passing plays in the ravens game to see who they kept in to help out in protection...it looked like this

40 called passing plays

FB - 1
TE and RB - 9
RB - 4
TE - 7
2 TE - 0
empty - 15
FB/WR - 1 (avant)
chip block and release - 3

i also broke down the 15 plays where they kept no one in to help

1. quick dump off to shady
2. vick interception but had plenty of time
3. 15 yard completion to pimp
4. 20 yard completion to celek
5. almost picked off - no real pressure
6. dropped pass by shady - quick throw
7. dump off to havili
8. roll out to mack for the td
9. ngata urinated on the fireman and hit vick
10. almost picked - no real pressure
11. 12 yard completion to avant
12. vick hit as he was throwing

gw drive

13. 13 yards to pimp
14. 25 yards to celek
15. 15 yards to celek

so as you can see well over half the time they kept someone in to help...at the same time they were pretty successful when they went empty of extra protect...overall the line was excellent in pass protection and not so good in the running game...shady is a the closest thing to barry sanders youll see and saves them on so many occasions...the guy is just ridiculous...what also really helped them in the pass protect game was play action...for all vicks faults as far as being a traditional drop back in the pocket qb he runs play action beautifully
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

he always said he could be a GM if he had access to all the tape that those guys do. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Government work really does leave you with a lot of free time during the day.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

shorebird

SunMo

MDS

ice grillin you

this is almost a carbon copy of the cleveland game...unless the eagles defense is a total fraud and we dont know it i see arizona having a ton of trouble scoring...cardinals have zero ability to stretch the field and because of that cant run the ball worth a lick...like the cleveland game i just dont see how they can score much here

brandon boykin better put on his big boy pants for this game cause hes gonna get a lot of action on short slot routes...in the end just dont let fitz go off and the cards arent eclipsing the 17 pt mark

i have no faith this is going to happen but andy reid has to practice big time patience this week and not abandon the run game...at times its going to look ugly agaisnt a good arizona front seven...but he needs to keep working it and not put the game on vicks shoulders...

arizonas defense is interesting in that it seems like at almost every position they either have a younger really talented type or veteran with a lot of wear and tear on his tires...

if vick can get a little time i believe their secondary can be taken advantage of...william gay stinks the two safeties are slow as shtein and as good an athlete as PP is he can be taken advantage of...id try to get him on a couple flag or up routes...but this is why they need to work on the ground so that they can use play action to get vick an extra second or two

i like the spot the offense fell into though in being able to play the 3-4 ravens defense a week before the cardinals 3-4 defense...more time prep time this week spent coming up with different way to actually beat the 3-4 rather than have to spend time on introducing it

im looking for a big retrun or two this week from special teams...damaris looked much more comfortable last week than in week one...both youthletes should have the game more firmly under them in week 3 and seattle torched arizona on ST in week 1...so im definitely keeping an eye out there

in the end the difference btwn this game and the cleveland game will be turnovers...eagles turn it over "only" once or twice and get out of there with a win to set up a monster prime time showdown bdawk special with the giants

23-13 philadelphia
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BobbyT

"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 20, 2012, 02:36:25 PM
i have no faith this is going to happen but andy reid has to practice big time patience this week and not abandon the run game...at times its going to look ugly agaisnt a good arizona front seven...but he needs to keep working it and not put the game on vicks shoulders...
23-13 philadelphia

Yes, keep giving Shady the ball and he's going to break one sooner or later. But, Reid is so damned hard headed, I mean, how many times has someone said the exact thing you've said here? It drives me friggen' bonkers. And it's not just a bunch of fans here on a message board saying it, you hear it everywere in the media also.