2012 Training Camp Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 25, 2012, 12:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

The guy in that middle age dude show on TNT with Ray Romano?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

SunMo

how much do you hate yourself for holding out this long
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

None.  There's a million reasons for me to hate myself besides not watching a tv show.  But we've met, so you already know this. 

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2012, 07:08:02 PM
im still feeling superbowl but demetress bell is not giving me warm and fuzzies in my bathing suit region

I was more optimistic going into last season, just figured they needed some time to jell. I still see the same holes in the scheme on D, a D line that's good at rushing the passer but awful at closing running lanes, LBs that play East/West when they should be playing North/South, and DBs playing too soft of a zone and being asked to make way too many tackles.

And the O has their own problems. Peters is only one player but he was the anchor of the line.

ice grillin you

Rome

I'm at around 8 right now.  LT isn't even that big a deal with Vick because he can see them coming.  But Bell was demoted after 6 farging snaps.   Panic?   Sure.   Everything else in my life as a sports fan sucks royal cock so why not.

SD

You have Moe Harkless and Nik Vucevic though

SunMo

after the steeler game im much more worried about teh defense than i am the oline.  Vick will have to run and improvise, which isn't optimal but it's not the end of the world.  the defense on thursday looked exactly the same as it did last year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

meeko is still learning the system...their defensive line has injuries all over the place...kendricks and boykin are rooks

defense will be vastly improved

kurt coleman is the one sore spot but otagwe will push him to the side eventually

SD

I rewatched the game and Meeko was getting bottled up ala Casey Matthews, missing tackles big time, and couldn't shed a block to save his life. He reminded me of Takeo Spikes only worse. None of those issues were scheme related, at any point in time he could have made a play but he didn't. Reports out of training camp were similar.

The frustrating issue I seeing rearing it's ugly head again this season is their inability to get off the field on 3rd downs. They can't tackle for a shtein and half the players don't know where to line up. Those are issues you iron out in training camp not in preseason games. Those same issues translated to the field last season especially early on. There is no "they didn't have a full camp" excuse this season.

ice grillin you

he was more concerned with making calls and communicating with a new set of teammates than he was making tackles

its gonna be ok buddy...hugs?

Rome

The defense was also missing Cole, Babin & Nate Allen.  I'm not thrilled with how the first & second units played but it wasn't a total disaster either.   As long as they escape injury from these meaningless scrimmages and just knock the rust off I couldn't care less about the results.