2012 Training Camp Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 25, 2012, 12:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Andy's gonna be back at practice today.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on August 08, 2012, 08:50:27 AM
It isnt going to be aired live? farg me.

patriot game is monday nite football....the other three are not national
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

Andy speaking now at a PC...as much as I've slammed him over the years, how can you not respect the way he has handled this?

* He just slipped and said "These players here are the same age Garrett is...I mean, was, I guess"

phattymatty

agreed...some of those questions were just awful.

rjs246

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he was spending this time to grieve with his family.

I'm an eagles fan and him leaving for any extended period of time would be chaos for the team that I root for, but the fact that he's back at work right now makes me sick to my stomach from a human perspective. He's got money a wife and four kids. Get your farging priorities in order you fat tub of shtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

rjs ladies and gentlemen, here to put the world back in place.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on August 08, 2012, 12:04:50 PM
I'd have a lot more respect for him if he was spending this time to grieve with his family.

I'm an eagles fan and him leaving for any extended period of time would be chaos for the team that I root for, but the fact that he's back at work right now makes me sick to my stomach from a human perspective. He's got money a wife and four kids. Get your farging priorities in order you fat tub of shtein.

It's probably easier to grieve for a person like him when he has his mind on his work. It's at his discretion how he wants to proceed and excuse me for sounding like a Hoyda but I don't think it's right to judge him.

hbionic

He could also be using work to distract himself from the pain.

hbionic

SD, you've never asked to be excused for sounding like a Hoyda, why ask now?  :=)

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on August 08, 2012, 12:09:51 PM
He could also be using work to distract himself from the pain.

If he weren't Mormon he could use booze to do that like the rest of us. 

SD

Quote from: hbionic on August 08, 2012, 12:10:44 PM
SD, you've never asked to be excused for sounding like a Hoyda, why ask now?  :=)

There's a first time for everything and as to your last post that's what I was getting at

rjs246

Quote from: SD on August 08, 2012, 12:09:22 PM

It's probably easier to grieve for a person like him when he has his mind on his work. It's at his discretion how he wants to proceed and excuse me for sounding like a Hoyda but I don't think it's right to judge him.

Sure. To each his own. But it seems to me that perhaps his family could use him right now and from my perspective, either his priorities are totally farged or he's being awfully selfish in trying to distract himself from the pain.

Regardless, go Eagles.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

this is not a criticism and i am not intimating that he didnt love and care about his son to death but i dont think hes grieving that much...this is where one of the few positive aspects of religion shows its face...it helps you deal with death....i think andy and his family truly believe garrett is in heaven somewhere lifting weights and because of that its so much easier to move on....probably much easier than when his son was going thru his addiction
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on August 08, 2012, 12:13:38 PM

Sure. To each his own. But it seems to me that perhaps his family could use him right now and from my perspective, either his priorities are totally farged or he's being awfully selfish in trying to distract himself from the pain.

Regardless, go Eagles.

Now that one of his troubled sons is dead, maybe he doesn't feel the need to spend as much time on the home front. 

That was cruel.  I could just not post it, but I don't roll like that. 

PhillyPhanInDC

Or maybe it's just that he barely knew the kid due to the fact he's been a coach at the professional level for his kid's entire lives. It's entirely possible that for all intents he's the definition of an absentee father and the death doesn't register for him like it might the average Joe. He lives his job, not his family. This is pretty much the case of every NFL coach.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.