2012 Training Camp Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 25, 2012, 12:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: shorebird on August 07, 2012, 07:20:37 AM
You don't have any chillin's so you can't begin to know anything about this.

Except for the dozen times he's mentioned his offspring, this is spot on.

rjs246

There's nothing worse than parents getting all sentimental about tragedies that happen to other people's children. It's so farging indulgent and only serves for people to say 'oh look at me I love my child and am compelled to wax philosophic about how much I love my children and this tragedy/feel good news story/rain cloud finally gives me the opportunity to let it all out'. EVERYONE is someone's child. Every sad thing that has ever happened to anyone happened to someone's child. Garrett Reid was 29 farging years old. It's not like a three year old got eaten by a bear here. Spend more time parenting and less time thinking about how amazing your offspring are and telling me about it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

Quote from: rjs246 on August 07, 2012, 09:03:06 AM
There's nothing worse than parents getting all sentimental about tragedies that happen to other people's children. It's so farging indulgent and only serves for people to say 'oh look at me I love my child and am compelled to wax philosophic about how much I love my children and this tragedy/feel good news story/rain cloud finally gives me the opportunity to let it all out'. EVERYONE is someone's child. Every sad thing that has ever happened to anyone happened to someone's child. Garrett Reid was 29 farging years old. It's not like a three year old got eaten by a bear dingo here. Spend more time parenting and less time thinking about how amazing your offspring are and telling me about it.

A dingo ate my baby

ice grillin you

i actually think its much worse for a 29 year old to die than a three year old....three year olds dont know shtein...they arent looking forward to anything or looking back at what they have been thru...this is probably why i could care less about abortion...even late term...farg a not knowing anything at all fetus...

in general i couldnt agree more tho...if i have to hear one more time how a parent should never bury a child "its not supposed to happen like that" im gonna flip out

i do think kids would be much more likeable if they were called chillins instead of children
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

There's nothing worse than parents getting all sentimental about tragedies that happen to other people's children. It's so farging indulgent and only serves for people to say 'oh look at me I love my child and am compelled to wax philosophic about how much I love my children and this tragedy/feel good news story/rain cloud finally gives me the opportunity to let it all out'. EVERYONE is someone's child. Every sad thing that has ever happened to anyone happened to someone's child. Garrett Reid was 29 farging years old. It's not like a three year old got eaten by a bear here. Spend more time parenting and less time thinking about how amazing your offspring are and telling me about it.

^ REFRESHINGLY MISERABLE ATTITUDE ^

shorebird

There are plenty of parents who do drugs.

General_Failure

Parents who do drugs, have children who do drugs.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

What about hugs instead of drugs?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Let's all do drugs!

Agreed this is tragic but the "man" was 29 years old and unfortunate as it was he chose this path of destruction.  Yes it sucks, I feel bad for anyone who loses a loved one be it a sibling, parent, uncle, aunt, grandparent.  I was not shocked at all by this event.

Did I hear correctly that they had the service today?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

shorebird

Quote from: General_Failure on August 07, 2012, 01:03:31 PM

Andy Reid does drugs? That explains a lot of late game management.

I'm not trying to say that at all, I'm just saying it's a lot harder for them and a lot more things out there that can kill kids nowadays then it ever was 15 years or so ago. Also, most of the time it's the son or daughter that buries the parent, not the other way around.

shorebird

Not to mention, I can't wait for the first nutjob that heckles Reid about his son kicking the bucket. He'll probably get pelted with percs at some point.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on August 07, 2012, 03:45:47 PM
Also, most of the time it's the son or daughter that buries the parent, not the other way around.

thats brilliant analysis there.....older people normally die before younger people....no shtein
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Quote from: shorebird on August 07, 2012, 03:45:47 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on August 07, 2012, 01:03:31 PM

Andy Reid does drugs? That explains a lot of late game management.

I'm not trying to say that at all, I'm just saying it's a lot harder for them and a lot more things out there that can kill kids nowadays then it ever was 15 years or so ago. Also, most of the time it's the son or daughter that buries the parent, not the other way around.

90 years ago life expectancy was in the 50s and people died young all the time. Weird illnesses. Malnourishment. Massive wars. Workplace accidents. Etc etc.

People have been burying their children for as long as people have been having children and if anything we bury them less now than we ever have at any point in human history. Maybe that highlights how sad it is when it does happen these days, but the spike in meth usage doesn't even come close to representing the kind of threat to our younger generation as, say, the Viet Nam war or small pox or dingos or any of the 1000s of things that humans had to worry about in years gone by.

Everyone thinks that life was easier or safer when we were coming up. Almost without fail the opposite is true, but because we're flooded with a never-ending stream of bad news on a 24 hour cycle and have access to the worst of human behavior at the press of a button we think the world is a dangerous place. It just isn't true. We're safer than any animal in the natural world has any business being.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.