Jerome Brown - 20 Years Ago Today

Started by Rome, June 25, 2012, 07:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

http://www.terryhoagevineyards.com/

Don't laugh.  His company produces some of the best wines in the country.

MDS

Quote from: SD on June 27, 2012, 08:47:27 PM
Quote from: MDS on June 27, 2012, 08:46:46 PM
i guess winning is the only thing that matters except when it comes to early 90s eagles

Late 80's early 90's and those years were the exception to the rule.

well seeing as my father did not insert his tiny jewish cock into my moms (vagina? icehole?) until midway through 1986, i didnt exactly experience this and therefore do not care.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i guess winning is the only thing that matters except when it comes to early 90s eagles

87 flyers are right up there as my favorite team ever

loved the iverson sixers as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i love the 01 sixers just as much as anyone but it was 1 farging year and they fell short. the run was nice but it was a failure. i dont romanticize it like it cured cancer or anything.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 27, 2012, 08:53:36 PM

87 flyers are right up there as my favorite team ever

loved the iverson sixers as well

93 Phils

ice grillin you

never a favorite of mine but yeah they definitely qualify
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 27, 2012, 09:00:28 PM
never a favorite of mine but yeah they definitely qualify

There were certain teams that played to the city's personality:

Buddy's Eagles
93 Phils
Iverson's Sixers
The Broad Street Bullies

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on June 27, 2012, 08:53:01 PM

well seeing as my father did not insert his tiny jewish cock into my moms (vagina? icehole?) until midway through 1986, i didnt exactly experience this and therefore do not care.

Lucky bastich!  You didn't have to endure the mid 70's and mid 80's.  Some brutal teams.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Todd doesn't know the suffering we've endured during the years he wasn't alive. He fills that void with being a Jew.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on June 27, 2012, 10:08:22 PM
Quote from: MDS on June 27, 2012, 08:53:01 PM

Lucky bastich!  You didn't have to endure the mid 70's and mid 80's.  Some brutal teams.

That was actually quite a successful stretch in Philly Sports History.

2 Flyers Cups (1974/1975) and multiple other finals appearances.
Phils World Series in 1980, pennant in 1983 and other division titles - 5 in an 8-year stretch.
Eagles go to Super Bowl in 1981.
Sixers go to finals in 1977, 1980, 1982 and finally winning it all in 1983

Geowhizzer

Now, after the Flyers' 1987 run, that was a tough stretch until the mid-1990s.  The lightning-in-a-bottle 1993 Phils was the only bright spot until the Flyers went to the Cup finals in 1997.

EDIT:  Excepting that Eagles' defense, of course.

MDS

Quote from: SD on June 27, 2012, 10:11:55 PM
Todd doesn't know the suffering we've endured during the years he wasn't alive. He fills that void with being a Jew.

ill live for much longer than you drunk fat fargs so itll even out eventually.

Rome

The '87 Flyers team was my favorite.  Loved those guys.  I was pissed at the end of the Ryan era because that team should have won multiple titles.  I remember sitting in the rain at the Vet after they got beat by the Chris Evert Rams and thinking I'll never see these iceholes win a Super Bowl.  How little did I know how right I was.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on June 27, 2012, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: SD on June 27, 2012, 10:11:55 PM

ill live for much longer than you drunk fat fargs so itll even out eventually.

Hey, c'mon now, I'm headed to the gym.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.