Jerome Brown - 20 Years Ago Today

Started by Rome, June 25, 2012, 07:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

if only buddy ryan gave a shtein about offense

if only randall's bones were made of bone and not glass

if only old people would stop romanticizing about a team that won exactly nothing

if only
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

not feeling like pouring one out for this doofus, sorry
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

I will never forget the 1991 game at the Astrodome against the Oilers on MNF.  Jeff Kemp at QB for the birds and this defense just destroyed the Oilers.  Joyner was possessed that night.  "They brought the house, we brought the pain" JB.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

One of the best defenses in NFL history... but they'll never get full credit because of the lack of a championship.

Rome

Every time I see pictures like that I get the impulse to smash Norman Braman's face in.

farging piece of shtein. die die die.

shorebird

Quote from: SD on June 25, 2012, 09:11:09 AM
I'll never forget where I was...I was driving in Florida when this lunatic sped by me going 90 mph...I remember thinking to myself "that guy better slow down before he kills someone". It wasn't until later that I found out that driver was Jerome Brown. RIP
Hahahhaha!

Quote from: Rome on June 25, 2012, 10:15:16 AM
His son was recently convicted of 2nd degree murder in Tampa and will do the next 25 years of his life in prison.

Makes you wonder how his life would have turned out if JB didn't decide to drive like a jackass that day.

That day!?!? Sheeeet. He drove like that most of the time. I remember when Mike Golic was just getting into media, he had a show on Sunday mornings called 'Were Eagles Dare'. He did one show on Jerome Brown, and Jerome had a brand new bike he'd just bought, amoung other vehicles. The bike was one of those crotch rockets, and Golic did a segmant were Jerome came riding by the camera. Well, that farger had to have been doing 90+ when he came by that camera, it was like WHOOOM! I remember thinking 'that crazy bastich gonna' kill himself.' Man, I remember the sick feeling I had in my gut waking up that morning and hearing it on the radio. Most young guys like that play hard, Jerome played a little too hard.

ice grillin you

its amazing how eric allen a HOF caliber player is almost an afterthought on that defense....jesus they were ridiculous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

"They brought the House, we brought the Pain"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HLzkBm9Ljhg

This video will give you goosebumps until the very end when Kotite opens his mouth.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 27, 2012, 07:34:13 AM
its amazing how eric allen a HOF caliber player is almost an afterthought on that defense....jesus they were ridiculous

Regge White
Clyde Simmons
Jerome Brown
Seth Joyner
Wes Hopkins
Andrew Waters
Eric Allen
Byron Evans

One hell of a defense.

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 27, 2012, 08:19:17 PM
how could you forget BE

Because unlike MDS I'm actually old enough to have experienced that team without being in diapers?  I knew I had forgotten someone, but couldn't draw it out.

Post fixed.

ice grillin you

you know they never won anything right?

MDS

i guess winning is the only thing that matters except when it comes to early 90s eagles
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on June 27, 2012, 08:46:46 PM
i guess winning is the only thing that matters except when it comes to early 90s eagles

Late 80's early 90's and those years were the exception to the rule.

Geowhizzer