Jerome Brown - 20 Years Ago Today

Started by Rome, June 25, 2012, 07:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Wow - I remember where I was when I heard the news..I was just shy of my 11th birthday, sleeping over my cousins house, looking through each other baseball cards, when a flash came on WFAN with the horrible news.

20 years doesnt seem as long as it used to be, but gdamn, time flies.

SD

I'll never forget where I was...I was driving in Florida when this lunatic sped by me going 90 mph...I remember thinking to myself "that guy better slow down before he kills someone". It wasn't until later that I found out that driver was Jerome Brown. RIP

Sgt PSN

Lol. I was at a JROTC camp when it happened so I didn't find out until a few days later when I got home. 

Seabiscuit36

queue Dio...

QuoteJust a couple of months before he died, he bemoaned the fact that he wasn't going to be able to play much past the age of 30 with his body. (Note: We used to think of 6-2 and 292 pounds as big.) But, he said brightly, he had his retirement all mapped out.

"I'm going to get up to about 450 pounds," he said. ''I'm going to get myself a Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise, a big stogie and a white Caddy. And I'm just going to go down there every day and check on my chickens."

RIP
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

His son was recently convicted of 2nd degree murder in Tampa and will do the next 25 years of his life in prison.

Makes you wonder how his life would have turned out if JB didn't decide to drive like a jackass that day.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on June 25, 2012, 09:11:09 AM
I'll never forget where I was...I was driving in Florida when this lunatic sped by me going 90 mph...I remember thinking to myself "that guy better slow down before he kills someone". It wasn't until later that I found out that driver was Jerome Brown. RIP

Yeah, I was with you. The Easter Bunny was driving.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Pretty soon Easy E will be the only one still vertical in that shot.

Rome

Wes Hopkins: "I know the next year, [coach Rich Kotite] started trying to meddle with the defense, also. We were on defense thinking, 'He can't do anything on offense; why is he trying to mess with our defense?' That was the beginning of guys not wanting to be in Philadelphia anymore."

Rage-inducing.

MDS

if only they would have stayed together and lost more wild card games

damnit
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

If only your father had pulled out.

What-ifs are fun, right?

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on June 25, 2012, 10:15:16 AM
His son was recently convicted of 2nd degree murder in Tampa and will do the next 25 years of his life in prison.

Makes you wonder how his life would have turned out if JB didn't decide to drive like a jackass that day.

He probably would have been able to afford a good enough lawyer to get an acquittal.