Main Menu

Banner OUT

Started by MDS, June 07, 2012, 03:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20120607_In_shake-up__Banner_out_as_Eagles_president.html

Howie IN, and some other dude who's been locked inside the novare since 1999.

of course its terrific to not have to see or hear banner exist, but it doesnt really make a difference in how things will be run. in fact it might worse, since it means more howie.

also, i guess andy won.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Just saw that and was coming to post it. 

This is a glorious day. 

hbionic

So...are we waiting for everyone else to log in so we can have a circle jerk? PG, you're gonna have to wait in the car.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

What a shocker, I figured Lurie would keep him in charge as long as his pockets were getting fat. Not sure about replacing him with Roseman but I'm glad he's gone. GCobb wrote a piece saying he thinks it was Banner's image that got him fired...that the fans hated him and he was the face of the franchise. This is probably the truth, for my senior project we had to take one part of a company and improve their public image, I took the Eagles and focused on Banner's sniveling attitude and Reid's zesty press conferences. All in all I don't think the guy was as bad as he's been made out to be but I'm glad they made a change.

rjs246

On the field impact in 2012? Zero.

But still good news because farg that guy and his stupid face.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

QB Eagles

It's amazing what a little losing can do. If Banner can go, and this season doesn't pan out, it's open season on anyone. Finally.

Rome

Wow.   Unbelievable.   I am truly surprised.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on June 07, 2012, 06:14:24 AM
On the field impact in 2012? Zero.

But still good news because farg that guy and his stupid face.

Your attitude isn't even miserable anymore. It's kind of cute. XOXOXOX

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 07, 2012, 06:15:23 AM
It's amazing what a little losing can do. If Banner can go, and this season doesn't pan out, it's open season on anyone. Finally.

i disagree with this....number one i dont think joe was fired....no chance lurie would ever do that to his childhood friend....and regardless of how you felt about banner personally he did his job very well...its not like he was his childhood friend and zesty at his job...or great at his job and lurie hated him

as for andy i believe this strenghtens his position...i wouldnt be surprised if he gets an extention before next season and maybe as early as before training camp...wouldnt shock me if they announced it the day or so before camp or at the state of the team address

this is a bad day for andy haters imo

this would be a fantastic move were it not for the fact that howie is keeping his PP director position....he should take over for banner and run the cap and contract negotiations full time...its a big mistake to let him do both
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Wow. I'm surprised.

I agree about the image thing.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 07, 2012, 08:54:40 AM
Wow. I'm surprised.

Now let's move onto what kind of reaction Banner will get 6 years from now. I'll let you start.

Feva

Damn... "Smolenski, Inc." doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 07, 2012, 07:33:04 AM
Quote from: QB Eagles on June 07, 2012, 06:15:23 AM

i disagree with this....number one i dont think joe was fired....no chance lurie would ever do that to his childhood friend....and regardless of how you felt about banner personally he did his job very well...its not like he was his childhood friend and zesty at his job...or great at his job and lurie hated him

as for andy i believe this strenghtens his position...i wouldnt be surprised if he gets an extention before next season and maybe as early as before training camp...wouldnt shock me if they announced it the day or so before camp or at the state of the team address

this is a bad day for andy haters imo

this would be a fantastic move were it not for the fact that howie is keeping his PP director position....he should take over for banner and run the cap and contract negotiations full time...its a big mistake to let him do both

I'm about as anti-Reid as anyone but I'm curious to see what the roster would look like after 1 or 2 seasons with him having more say. Of course, it doesn't change the fact that he's awful in games but maybe he's not as awful if he's got better players at previously neglected positions.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on June 07, 2012, 09:08:53 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 07, 2012, 08:54:40 AM
Wow. I'm surprised.

Now let's move onto what kind of reaction Banner will get 6 years from now. I'll let you start.

Lol

PoopyfaceMcGee

Least surprising event of the day: IGY finding a way to play devil's advocate on this thread.