We Finally Have A Winner - Draft Grades

Started by ice grillin you, April 28, 2012, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

How awesome was Honeycomb cereal?  Do they even make that anymore? 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

ice grillin you

i was just reading that football nation breakdown and its so bizarre...at time the cat is all over it and right on point then youll come across the most bizarrze non sensical break down

-------------------------------

Eagles selected Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa, 194th overall (from Broncos)

McNutt could be an elite number two receiver, but would probably be only used in 4 wideout situations.

Grade for this pick - B

-------------------------------------

Eagles selected Brandon Washington, G, Miami, 200th overall (from Patriots)

Wow! This guy was a freak in college. Washington should become an all-pro G.

Grade for this pick - B

----------------------------------------

Eagles selected Bryce Brown, RB, Kansas St., 229th overall (from Falcons)

This pick is as to be expected of 7th round picks.  Brown should provide a power back should the Eagles find themselves in 3rd and short situations.

Grade for this pick - D+
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

ice grillin you

he also says that kelley was a terrible pick and that they could have instead gotten chris polk at that point in the draft

Sgt PSN

So the 194th overall pick could become an elite receiver, but the grade is a B. 

The 200th overall pick should be an all pro guard and the grade is a B. 

The 229th pick should/could address an area the Eagles struggled and the grade is a D+

I don't even understand how a 7th round pick could get a bad grade?  I mean, at that point the floor has got to be a C and then if you get someone like say Burfect who just fell through the entire draft, then you grade up accordingly.  Otherwise, 7th round picks are just meh picks.  Usually not a reason to get excited or pissed off about. 

ice grillin you

i get your point but somewhat disagree...you can get an F in the 7th round...kelley is an F no matter what for example

and i totally agree on a perfict in a spot like that being the kind of player you take...which makes the pick of bryce brown (who is a rb version of perfect) at worst a B and you can make an argument thats its an A...

D+ is retarded

Sgt PSN

Agreed....obviously if you use a draft pick, even a 7th rounder, on a player who was on no one's draft board or on a position that's already got a lot of depth and you still have other needs, then yeah....it can get a bad grade.  But to me, the 7th round (maybe even the 6th) is where you're just trying to find a diamond in the rough more than anything else.  It's very rare that people look back at a draft 5 years later and say "Man, they really blew it in the 6th or 7th round."  Obviously Tom Brady is the exception.  But that just emphasizes my point really which is that the last round of the draft is usually more irrelevant than not and grading it in anyway is pretty god damn pointless.  But not quite as pointless as this conversation about it.   

General_Failure

I can only assume those grades are given based on their chance to contribute, not on the value of the pick.

ice grillin you

except he gave a future all pro a B

a future short yardage power back a D+

and an elite number 2 wr a B

Zanshin

Drafted late with a legitimate potential to be an elite anything has to be an A. If not, don't use the word elite.

rjs246

Better yet, don't obsess over internet hungry hungry hippos and their draft rankings or language utilization.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

What the hell else are we going to do? Wait for the next FA signing?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Apparently Yeremiah Bell IS NOT at the NovaCare Complex.