Brandon Washington, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by BigEd76, April 28, 2012, 05:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

QuoteBrandon Washington, OG, Miami
Washington is leaving early for the NFL after his junior year at Miami, but he already has two full seasons as a starter under his belt. After making one start as a freshman in 2009, Washington started all 25 games over his next two campaigns. He was called for just three penalties in all of 2011 while anchoring the offensive line for what was a decent (but unspectacular) Miami offense. The team allowed only 19 sacks and the offense finished sixth in the ACC in rushing at 145.7 yards per game.

Washington has great size at 6'4'' and 320 pounds. The Miami, FL native generally runs around a 5.3 in the 40-yard dash and he has been clocked as fast as 5.18 from that distance. He has experience at both guard and tackle, but is expected to play guard at the next level. Washington is a stellar athlete by guard standards, but he probably is not quick enough to play tackle in the NFL--at least not in protecting the quarterback's blind side. He sometimes relies too much on athleticism and lacks the tactical fundamentals, often times getting sloppy with his hands. Washington should be a real force in the running game, and he will likely be a second or third-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Eagles_Legendz

know he was on Kiper's 10 best available for day 3, but nothing besides that.

Diomedes

I like this guy because there is a little known "One Brandon" rule that means Brandon Graham will now be cut.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

this is a great pick in the 6h round

hes better than danny watkins RIGHT NOW and has a pretty high ceiling

supposedly his footwork needs quite a bit of work....but i dont know enough about that to say why
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2012, 05:14:23 PM
this is a great pick in the 6h round

hes better than danny watkins RIGHT NOW and has a pretty high ceiling

I honestly don't know but have to assume that his skin is dark.

ice grillin you

yeah but that doesnt matter at guard....in fact i might prefer my guards to be corn fed whiteys...but not hockey playing firemen who take up football at the age of 23

PoopyfaceMcGee

If he has a high ceiling, I like Mudd to get him close to it.

PhillyPhreak54

lol at igy saying he's better than the Fireman right now. Took a nap in the hyperbolic chamber this afternoon, eh?

Anyways we should pump the brakes a bit. Why? Because Chris Steuber is on this dude

Quote@ChrisSteuber: #Eagles stole #Miami OG Brandon Washington; my 53rd rated prospect. Massive OL. Raw skill set, very athletic. Howard Mudd can coach him up![\quote]

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on April 28, 2012, 05:09:03 PM
I like this guy because there is a little known "One Brandon" rule that means Brandon Graham will now be cut.

Doesn't bode well for Brandon Boykin...

ice grillin you