Big Splash all-in 2012 Eagles free agency thread

Started by SD, March 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

like i said if they dont have them rated highly then you pass...but moving herremans here and this guy there or lets sign this guy...but no that wont work because vicks a left handed dwarf is all meaningless as they werent going anywhere this year with jp...

the important thing is to determine who you can get to fill that most important position long after vick is gone...or if you can even get that person in the near future
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

marcus mcneill
demetrius bell

names to keep in mind
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

Bell just had surgery for a torn meniscus in Jan

McNeil had 2 knee surgeries last off season and a neck injury that landed him on injured reserve last year.

I'll keep them in mind.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 30, 2012, 02:00:44 PM
like i said if they dont have them rated highly then you pass...but moving herremans here and this guy there or lets sign this guy...but no that wont work because vicks a left handed dwarf is all meaningless as they werent going anywhere this year with jp...

the important thing is to determine who you can get to fill that most important position long after vick is gone...or if you can even get that person in the near future

They have to whatever gives them the best opportunity to win now.  If the draft is weak at LT how do you get a guy for the future? Its not like teams trade premiere LTs.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MDS on March 30, 2012, 02:42:20 PM
marcus mcneill
demetrius bell

names to keep in mind

FWIW.....Eskin is reporting Bell will be in this weekend for a visit. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 30, 2012, 03:38:30 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 30, 2012, 02:00:44 PM

They have to whatever gives them the best opportunity to win now.  If the draft is weak at LT how do you get a guy for the future? Its not like teams trade premiere LTs.

exactly. whoever they get at this point is purely stop gap--with that person being mediocre at best or carted off the field 6 games in.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on March 30, 2012, 02:57:33 PM
Bell just had surgery for a torn meniscus in Jan

McNeil had 2 knee surgeries last off season and a neck injury that landed him on injured reserve last year.

I'll keep them in mind.

Torn meniscus has a relatively quick recovery to it.  It's probably the least worrisome knee surgery you can have.  It's bascially a shock absorber, so it's got almost nothing to do with the stability of the knee like your ACL or MCL.  So if Bell had surgery in Jan, I'd be surprised if he isn't more than 80% recovered. 

PhillyPhreak54

Demetrius Bell would be nice.

Watch them trade up for Kalil if he slips to the 7-8 range.

Havas dropped "our LT" earlier. Busted!!

PoopyfaceMcGee

The LT position is overrated with a left-handed QB.

Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Feva

Problem is, the QB is likely to be right handed after 2012.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

reese125

QB Eagles

General_Failure

And just last week they could have gotten Tebow straight up for Asante.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: MDS on March 30, 2012, 02:42:20 PM
marcus mcneill
demetrius bell

names to keep in mind

I have no problem with signing either or both of these guys. They're not Jason Peters but they're better options than King Dunlap.

FYI- Demetrius Bell's father is Karl Malone.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.