Big Splash all-in 2012 Eagles free agency thread

Started by SD, March 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

So apparently Baltimore made Mathis an offer, and the Eagles have made one as well.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Mathis is mulling over his options. posted this picture on his Twitter feed last night.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I don't get the symbolism.  Someone explain, please.

SunMo

well on one side is a Raven, because the team in Baltimore (i call it Bodymore, LOL) is named the Ravens and they have made Evan an offer.  The other bird, on the right, is an Eagle and that is symbolic of the Philadelphia Eagles (I call them Iggles, LMAO!).  So Evan is trying to decide between the Ravens and the Eagles, and that picture is showing both on a tree. 

It's pretty, pretty, pretttttty clever when you think about it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

The ironic part of that statue is that the Raven [arguably Poe's best story] was written in Philly.

ice grillin you

to me its good vs evil and evil wins

the black bird of death = 1 superbowl in 17 years

and the majestic bird that represents all that is good....freedom liberty justice....has zero championships in the last 51 years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Eskin reporting LaRon Landry is expected to visit with the Eagles next week

Feva

Think he'll threaten to put Pimp to sleep again?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: reese125 on March 17, 2012, 05:25:43 PM
Eskin reporting LaRon Landry is expected to visit with the Eagles next week

As long as they give Landry a thorough physical and only sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal I'm fine with that move. He's not great in coverage but he's an upgrade from Coleman.

Rome

I would rather see a drastic upgrade, thanks.   Landry isn't that.  He's talented but do they really need another physical question mark on defense? 

ice grillin you

if heathy landry is a big upgrade over coleman

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 18, 2012, 11:08:50 AM
if heathy landry is a big upgrade over coleman

Agreed. I don't even hate Coleman as a back up but he has no business starting.

And Rome, who could they get that's a 'drastic upgrade'? Landy is their best option. I doubt they go safety in the 1st round as there really isn't a player worthy at their pick. I wouldn't mind Mark Barron in the 2nd round but I can't see the Eagles taking a safety with their 2nd round pick 3 years in a row [what a waste of a pick Jarrett was]. So what other options do they have?

Rome

He's a gimp right now.  He's not getting surgery on his Achilles so that means he's one snap away from being useless.

The sad fact is even with him being a huge injury risk, he's the best option available.  That's the pathetic situation they've put themselves in by not drafting a top notch safety when they had the chance.

And I've already said I'm on board with getting him.

Diomedes