Big Splash all-in 2012 Eagles free agency thread

Started by SD, March 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

the deadline was this past monday to apply the tag
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 14, 2012, 05:35:32 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on March 14, 2012, 04:36:47 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on March 14, 2012, 04:35:42 PM
It'll be tough, but if we all pull together I'm sure we can come up with a way to make this a negative.

LaCanfora said it's only $48.5 million. That's $500k less than the contact TO signed, one year before holding out because of his contract. And they both use Rosenpenis, I think.

I think the main difference is that Rosenpuke negotiated this contract for DJax.  TO was using a different agent who negotiated his 7yr/$49mil deal with the Eagles.  Then he fired him after 04 and hired Rosenpenis, probably because he told TO that he'd get him a sweeter deal.

Dumbass.

ice grillin you

im probably way off but this is what it looks like happend

howie didnt wanna sign pimp at all
andy was all in on him long term
pimp just wants to get paid
so they all came to agreement

howie gets pimp for next season with the safety valve of being able to cut him after one season with little to no penalty if things go very wrong...whether that may be another concussion or attitude issues

pimp gets two million more than the FT amount which is already top 5 wr money plus the opportunity of big long term money

andy gets a promise from howie that if pimp performs he has his man for the long haul
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Or they've wanted to sign him all along, but didn't want to overpay and end up shortchanging the rest of the team. After an underperforming season, and with similar receivers already signed, it was patently obvious to all parties exactly how much he was worth, and there wasn't much left to argue over anymore.

A year ago people on this board would have said that there are no similar receivers in the league and that therefore he should be given as much money as the team has, but that's a dumb way to run a team. His productivity is finite like everyone else's.

The whole conversation is retarded. It's not about whether they wanted to sign him or not, it's about at what price they were willing to sign him. For vet minimum I'm sure the whole front office would love to have him back, and for Andre Johnson money I'm sure Reid would personally help DeSean pack up his things.

ice grillin you

its pretty much known andy wanted him signed and howie did not...to what extent howies opposition was isnt clear...but they were definitely at odds thats much is known

the way the deal is written says to me all three sides of the equation....banner inc - andy - rosenhaus all came to a deal that makes everyone mostly happy

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 14, 2012, 07:52:38 PM
its pretty much known andy wanted him signed and howie did not...

Is there actual evidence of that, or is that just something that fits in with the igy worldview of FO intrigue? Not saying you're wrong, but I don't really remember seeing so much as an unsourced rumor of that, just message board speculation. In fact the only confirmed facts I've ever seen about Roseman are that he's a pencil-pusher and a Jew.

It's hard to know what to think of this whole prolonged negotiation because so little ever came out to the public. If DJax spent this whole time asking for what he ended up getting, clearly the FO are cocks. If he made ridiculous demands and the Eagles just laughed and left the room until he cooled down and became reasonable, then Jackson would look worse. We have zero way of knowing what happened. I'm just glad he's back with the team, a major contributor has finally gotten his payday, and this shtein won't be hanging over another season.

ice grillin you

king...gargano...sheil have all reported it several times....im sure andy is the source...but that doesnt make it any less true...andy and pimp are pretty close and have been since he came in the league....he loves 'the little guy'

i dont think pimp got what he wanted but i also dont think he was asking for a ridiculous amount....and i think if howie had his way he would have traded him this offseason...but andy clearly still has some power

in the end they all met in the middle

Rome

He got more than Garcon and less than Vincent Jackson.  Based on his performance the last two years he got just about what he was worth. 

Drunkmasterflex

Bottom line who gives a farg Jackson is an Eagle for the foreseeable future.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 14, 2012, 08:25:44 PM
He got more than Garcon and less than Vincent Jackson.  Based on his performance the last two years he got just about what he was worth.

not even close

garcon 20.5 mil
vj 26 mil
pimp 10 mil

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 14, 2012, 08:25:44 PM
Bottom line who gives a farg Jackson is an Eagle for the foreseeable future.

i agree with you because i think he will play well next year and not get seriously hurt...but if he acts a fool in banner inc's eyes or gets a serious season ending concussion lets say...then hes gone as he is ridiculously cuttable according to the contract

General_Failure

So we're back on the two year plan, but once that flops they could for realsies get rid of Reid and Vick, but also Jackson? McCoy will still be here, right?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Vincent Jackson: 5 Yrs/$55.5M

DeSean Jackson: 5 Yrs/$51M

Pierre Garcon: 5 Yrs/$42.5M

Right in the middle. 

And before you start arguing like an infant about guaranteed money the bottom line is if the players all play out the life of the deals, Pimp gets what he's worth right now.

ice grillin you

lol at completely dismissing the only "guaranteed" thing in nfl contracts and then saying something else is the "bottom line"

how am i going to even argue that kind of logic

Drunkmasterflex

Quotebut if he acts a fool in banner inc's eyes or gets a serious season ending concussion lets say...then hes gone as he is ridiculously cuttable according to the contract

Eagles FO or not that is a completely logical way to run it from business standpoint.  As much as I love Desean lets not kid ourselves he is always one big hit away from Christopher Reeve status. 

I actually think his antics help this team for the most part....outside of last year of course. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell