Big Splash all-in 2012 Eagles free agency thread

Started by SD, March 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Oh, it wasn't just the franchise tag?

N/M - Wow.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

It'll be tough, but if we all pull together I'm sure we can come up with a way to make this a negative.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: General_Failure on March 14, 2012, 04:35:42 PM
It'll be tough, but if we all pull together I'm sure we can come up with a way to make this a negative.

LaCanfora said it's only $48.5 million. That's $500k less than the contact TO signed, one year before holding out because of his contract. And they both use Rosenpenis, I think.

BigEd76

$10M signing bonus
$750K base salary + $250K workout bonus this year
$6.75M base ($4M guaranteed, $2.75M more only if injured) + $250K workout bonus in 2013

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Drunkmasterflex

Supposedly they are working on Shady right now too.  :yay
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

Drunkmasterflex

In fairness it isn't like the rest of the league is exactly scooping up all the LBs either.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SunMo

Gerald McCoy ‏ @Geraldini93
Sorry #bucnation I tried but it looks like @CurtisLofton50 is an Eagle. Business is business he did what was best for him. Understandable.

FWIW
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

Gerald McCoy is tweeting that he tried to lure Curtis Lofton to the Bucs but he is an Eagle.  TFWIW

Apparently it was BS....farg!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 14, 2012, 04:36:47 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on March 14, 2012, 04:35:42 PM

LaCanfora said it's only $48.5 million. That's $500k less than the contact TO signed, one year before holding out because of his contract. And they both use Rosenpenis, I think.

I think the main difference is that Rosenpuke negotiated this contract for DJax.  TO was using a different agent who negotiated his 7yr/$49mil deal with the Eagles.  Then he fired him after 04 and hired Rosenpenis, probably because he told TO that he'd get him a sweeter deal. 

DH

Diomedes

Stupid question:  Can the Eagles apply the Franchise tag to Mathis now that Jackson has signed?

Not should they, but could they?

edit:  clarity
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger