Big Splash all-in 2012 Eagles free agency thread

Started by SD, March 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Jason Cole of Yahoo sports is saying the Eagles are interested in Laron Landry...thoughts?

I'd be okay with Landry, not his biggest fan but he's an upgrade so it's hard not to be interested.

For some reason I think the Eagles wind up with Tulloch.

PhillyPhanInDC

Landry is damaged goods out of the gate. He won't be ready to start the season, and may need a further surgery on his Achilles. Washington has no interest in retaining the dude, and they have dick at the position. I'll pass. If they go big with a an injury guy - give me Mario Williams.

I'd be okay with Tulloch. Saw red last offseason when they didn't even sniff around the dude. Lofton would be good too.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

reese125

Yeah, he's a f-in stud in the box and a guy I would want to go balls out for multi year deal if he was healthy but he's not-- with an increased likelihood he won't be this year as well until he fixes his achilles.

That said, he's probably on a 1 year prove it deal anyway so throw a deal out there, see if it sticks, get him to camp and see if he makes it through.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd be ok with him, but the health is an issue like others have mentioned. He went and got super jacked this off-season. Have you seen the pics of him?

I would love Tulloch or Lofton.

I was thinking about Mario Williams coming here the other day. That would be an impressive signing.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

landry has been freakishly jacked since college.

Rome

If Landry ever figures out how to stay healthy he'll be a player.

But really, do we want taterskins castoffs now?

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Rome on March 12, 2012, 01:15:04 PM

Carlos Rogers > Assy
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 12, 2012, 01:15:04 PM

hes terrible in pass coverage...so bad at turning....hed be an upgrade at ss obviously but im not all that interested in him even if healthy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

With the way he has bulked up he will probably be even worse in pass coverage. I would be surprised if he signed with the Eagles.

Hopefully they make a run at Lofton.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

General_Failure

Have we run the "moved to linebacker" joke into the ground yet, or can we give it another go here?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Sheil Kapedia suggested moving Graham inside to DT in the Inky this morning.

I actually laughed out loud when I read it. 

hbionic

Quote from: General_Failure on March 12, 2012, 02:39:34 PM
Have we run the "moved to linebacker" joke into the ground yet, or can we give it another go here?

We have many on here, including myself, that believe in re-animation...so yes, let's do it!

A zombie joke.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

SD

QuoteJeff McLane ‏ @Jeff_McLane

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

The #Eagles tendered DT Antonio Dixon, RFA, at a 2d round level. Dixon will earn $1.927 mil once he signs tender.