Big Splash all-in 2012 Eagles free agency thread

Started by SD, March 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Desean is expected to sign his Franchise tender tomorrow. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Pete Prisco: Dan Connor to Eagles "Will Be Done"

lol if this is their primary LB acquisition

ok if this is the beginning of a full scale renovation of the position
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

ice grillin you

i havent seen him in a couple years but hes def ok on that front.....he was a little suspect at penn state when he rocked the stupid neck cup...but he lost that when he got to the nfl

look test - solid B

ice grillin you

king disputing the prisco report.....saying they are going in a different direction

DH

my guess is one of them will be correct.

how can i get one of their jobs?

Rome

Fail miserably at every other professional endeavor.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 13, 2012, 07:25:58 AM
Pete Prisco: Dan Connor to Eagles "Will Be Done"

lol if this is their primary LB acquisition

ok if this is the beginning of a full scale renovation of the position

Exactly. Connor is okay and I could live with him but if he's the only upgrade at LB then it's not enough.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: SD on March 12, 2012, 10:35:03 PM
The #Eagles tendered DT Antonio Dixon, RFA, at a 2d round level. Dixon will earn $1.927 mil once he signs tender.

Prior to getting hurt he was their best DT. Happy they kept him.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

i want them to keep Landri too, he played well.

they can't sign Landri or Mathis until 4pm today though
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagaholic

Landri, Mathis and Tulloch are on my wish list. With Landri and Dixon back in the fold the Dline would be shaping up pretty well. Big bonus if Graham could contribute. Surprised they haven't gotten Patterson to renegotiate down some of his $4 million this year. Howie should have been at Patterson's bedside pen in hand while he was still coming out of anesthesia from his brain surgery. Timing is everything.

ice grillin you

their tackles stink....its no different than what they do at DE.....they get a deep rotation of average to good players but never have a great player

its sad when you have to pump up farging derek landri or antonio dixon

gimme po po in the draft

reese125

yeah that might be the saddest "wish list" Ive ever seen.

ice grillin you

The Eagles officially announced a four-year contract extension for defensive end Trent Cole that lasts through the 2017 season.

News of Cole's new deal broke on Tuesday, not long after the Eagles had already extended another long-time Eagle in tackle Todd Herremans. But some minor details needed to be fleshed out before the team could confirm the contract.

The exact terms of the extension were not immediately known.

"We are excited to be able to sign Trent to a new contract," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "Trent plays the game with a level of tenacity that's hard to replicate. He's one of the premier defensive ends in the league. We have always said that when you watch the tape of him, it's hard to tell the difference between his first play and his last play.

"He has an unbelievable motor that does not stop. And as good as he is rushing the passer, he is equally as good against the run. His energy is contagious on the field."

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, but athletic/black with a good motor is better than dopey/white with a good motor. Unless your name is Jared Allen.