Big Splash all-in 2012 Eagles free agency thread

Started by SD, March 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

That really sucks. They should have kept Justice so they could use him at RT then switch Herremans to LT. Dunlap is not a starting caliber LT in this league.

ice grillin you

not that they were going to the superbowl with him but he was the one player they literally couldnt lose
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

BigEd76

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Drunkmasterflex

I would move Herremans to LT and draft a guy for RT in the second or third round.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Beautiful.

Go sign Demetrius Bell or Kareem McKenzie.

SD

I think Fireman played LT at Baylor while he was there...just throwing that option out there.

SunMo

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 30, 2012, 01:27:22 PM
I would move Herremans to LT and draft a guy for RT in the second or third round.

RT is more important because it's Vick's blindside
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: SunMo on March 30, 2012, 01:31:32 PM

Yes but typically the best pass rusher is lined up at RE. If protecting Vick's blindside was more important than the LT position itself Peters would have been moved there consodering he started as a RT.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

mclane on twitter said its a 4-6 month recovery. i dont believe him but that puts a hobbled jason peters possibly back on the field by midseason.

hooray?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

What the farg?  How did this injury happen? 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 30, 2012, 01:37:12 PM

Yes but typically the best pass rusher is lined up at RE. If protecting Vick's blindside was more important than the LT position itself Peters would have been moved there consodering he started as a RT.

this aint about vick thats small picture stuff...this is about finding your LT for the next ten years...i dont know the history of 31 year old offesnive tackles coming back from achillie explosions but im betting the odds arent very good

if they have reiff or adams rated that high then go get one of them...if jp comes back full strength then consider it an embarrassment of riches...but your mindset here has to be big picture as in who is our future left tackle
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Thats all well and good but there isn't exactly an abundance of LTs in this years draft.

Mike Adams is weak and Reiff has short arms. I would probably pass on both.