Started by SD, March 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Sgt PSN

Feva

Quote from: SD on March 18, 2012, 09:55:03 AM
Quote from: reese125 on March 17, 2012, 05:25:43 PM
Eskin reporting LaRon Landry is expected to visit with the Eagles next week

As long as they give Landry a thorough physical and only sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal I'm fine with that move. He's not great in coverage but he's an upgrade from Coleman.

Yep. Just keep Jarrett off the field and I'm good.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

The Eagles are going to sign a LB this week. Remember you heard it here first.

reese125

Yeremiah Bell was just released from the Phins

If there was a supposed interest at all like Eskin said with Landry, theres no reason they shouldnt look at Bell. Yes his cover skills have diminished a bit, but hes still awesome in the box and his durability is solid for his age. Eagles need serious help against the run.

Drunkmasterflex

I would imagine having Todd Bowles here doesn't hurt either. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

I would sign Bell tonight.

He's a pretty good player.

Get.

reese125

ice grillin you

bell is 34....maybe a 1 year deal....but really no thanks

Mad-Lad

I wouldn't mind Bell as a stopgap until they found someone who can take over. At least he can play football which is more than I can say of Coleman and Jarett. One or two years max

ice grillin you

you know what would be a novel idea?

drafting a young safety who can actually play and be here for the next five-ten years

reese125

the other novel idea would be to get someone to show those scrubs back there how to farging tackle and play the position.

of course it would be a 1 year deal at that age

ice grillin you

yeremiah bell is not teaching anyone anything...hes 34 couldnt even get on the field for the first four years of his career and has been a decent player on horrible teams his whole career...when did this guy become all nfl to the point where hes going to turn zesty players in good ones

at best hes a moderate upgrade...at worst hes an old man whose level of play has never been great to begin with and is now ready to fall off a cliff

reese125

ha--youre right veterans suck and it would be horrendous to have a player back there that can actually tackle and play the box the right way. if last year was all in for the eagles then this year must be all in, so you get a guy that knows the position and can give it a boost.

who cares what he did the first 4 years of his career but you--not to mention he hurt his achilles back then anyway.