2012 NFL Draft

Started by reese125, February 26, 2012, 09:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 26, 2012, 11:09:28 PM
Wilson fumbles more than Tiki, seems like a panic pick.

he's regarded as a bit of a risk/reward player (we all know how that went with JPP) at a position of need, so I don't fault them for that. They do need a lot of Oline help but the draft is supposed to be deep there over he next couple of rounds.

Eagaholic

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 26, 2012, 11:14:09 PM
Guys that were 1st-rd talent at some point that didn't get picked tonight (not counting Burfict):

TE Coby Fleener
WR Stephen Hill
OT Jonathan Martin
OL Cordy Glenn
DT Devon Still
DT Jerel Worthy
LB Courtney Upshaw
LB Zach Brown
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Alfonzo Dennard

I'd add Alshon Jeffrey to the list as he was often regarded as the 2nd best WR after Blackmon in Jan/Feb. Lavonte David I think is also a cusp player and I'd like to see the Eagles go after.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 26, 2012, 11:07:49 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2012, 11:06:29 PM
unecessary pick at best bad pick at worst

Unnecessary how? They had the worst running game in the league, Bradshaw has bad feet and Jacobs is gone. Or did you mean they could get a RB later?

you can get running backs almost anywhere in the draft...even udfa.....every once in a while a running back comes along that is worthy of a first round pick...david wilson is not even close to one of those backs...drunk hit it right on....basically they wanted martin and panicked when he was scooped from them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

The pick really doesn't make any sense, considering how the Giants usually draft. They pretty much never pick for need. So either IGY is spot on, or they had a very high grade on this kid.

Drunkmasterflex

The Giants do know how to cure fumbling problems. Its not like it is the worst pick ever but for the Jints its out of character.

Also after listening to Bill Polian and Nfl Radio I think the devaluing of RBs is greatly exaggerated.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

devaluing is the wrong word...it connotes that they arent important anymore and that is def not the truth

but its a fact that they can be found all over the draft and in undrafted players...thus theres no reason to spend high picks on them or go out of your way to get one...let them come to you and pounce when the time is right...this is a legit philosphy but it shouldnt be called devaluing

PoopyfaceMcGee

Here's something:

QuoteAccording to STATS, David Wilson gained 990 yards last season after making contact with a defender, the best mark in the NCAA.

Drunkmasterflex

Janoris Jenkins is supposedly a player that teams are now scrambling to get. Wknder if the Eagles try to move up for him?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

Jenkins would be nice along with an LB. Jenkins probably won't last long so they might have to move up for him. They still have 3 6 rounders and the Asante 7th.  Why do I get the feeling the Eagles are going to take MSU QB Kirk Cousins?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on April 27, 2012, 09:25:47 AM
Why do I get the feeling the Eagles are going to take MSU QB Kirk Cousins?

...maybe because a bunch of draftniks and beat guys have said it's a distinct possibility?

ice grillin you

gotta watch out for the rams today...they have three picks before the eagles have one and i could easily see them taking david and jenkins

they could really knock it out of the park with a david - jenkins - randle/hill tri pack

hopefully they instead go OL and WR with two of them as they really need to help bradford

reese125

Yep I think that's the exact route they go.

Bradford became mince meat by the end of the year with how many times he was sacked and he has not a soul to throw to beside hall of famer ammendola

ice grillin you

i think theres gonna be a run on OL in the early parts of the second round...a few WR's should go as well....this should push defensive players down towards the birds

other than seattle and maybe buffalo i dont really see a team with a huge LB need who pick before the eagles in the 2nd round...this bodes well for one of david or brown to be there...the wrench in the program is if one of those guys is a clear cut number one left on someones board and they go best available

phattymatty

QuoteI think I'll get to a lot more of this in Monday's MMQB column, but I'd like to throw some empathy Mohamed Sanu's way. The Rutgers wide receiver was on the edge of his seat late in the first round, with the Bengals on the clock at No. 27, when his phone rang. The voice on the other end of the phone identified himself as being from the Bengals, and said Cincinnati was about to pick him. Sanu and those in his draft party exploded in excitement, and agent Mike McCartney even tweeted that Sanu was a Bengal. Then Cincinnati picked Zeitler.

"This is a great kid, I guarantee you, and someone played a cruel joke on him,'' McCartney said. "It is unreal that someone would do that, but it happened.'' Sanu told McCartney after the draft not to worry about him, he'd be fine, and some team will draft him and get a good player. McCartney's right. Sanu must be a good kid, to respond to something that hurtful with an attitude so hopeful.

LOL

SD