Super Bowl XLVI

Started by Rome, January 24, 2012, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: hbionic on January 30, 2012, 01:19:27 PM
Go Pats!

Is anyone watching the game or do they have the same tradition as I...only watch when the Eagles play in it?

I'm going to the beach Sunday. F football.

Say hi to my nephew.  He surfs at Manhatten Beach at a spot called El Porto.  Where you headed?

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

We've been pretty fortunate as we've had some very good games the past 10 - 12 years.  The Baltimore/Giants and the Tampa/Oakland were awful but most of the games were close going into the 4th quarter. 

I am so over the Eagles aren't in it excuse for not watching. The Carolina/Pats and of course the Tampa/Raiders games were exceptionally painful for obvious reasons.  I think I saw four or five plays of the Tampa game and didn't turn on the Panthers/Pats until right around the wardrobe malfunction. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Zanshin

hbionic

Don Ho, I'll probably be a Newport or Huntington Beach...Manhattan beach is too far a drive.

Eagles not making it almost every year gives me the excuse to not watch it...and being out. It is truly one of the few times in the whole year that Los Angeles is great to drive through. No traffic anywhere. Time slows down and it is a relaxing day out.

I'm thinking of going to the beach early...and then going to the observatory and hitting up this carribean restaurant in Silverlake. Should be a nice day out. 

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

Can't go wrong with either.  Some great places to eat in HB.  I love the homes in Newport along Balboa Blvd.  They're packed in so tight but each has its own distinct personality.  My son is dying to surf The Wedge.  That spot is just plain crazy.

Some of my best surf sessions have been on Super Sunday just before kickoff.  Although with the hip not 100% looks like I'll be watching with pops and 6 pack of something.

phattymatty

who doesn't watch the super bowl? even if you hate both teams, super bowl parties are great.

phattymatty

also, everyone around me seems to be picking the giants but i'm betting big time on the pats. it's not going to be that close.

reese125

oh I think it will be close--even more so now that gronk is dealing with a high ankle sprain. hes a huge reason why the pats are able to distribute and move the ball so effectively. he literally clears paths over the middle. he'll still be out there, but I think the giants will be able to react to the ball so much better because of this injury.

not to mention wilfork was the main reason the pats won their last game...very doubtful he duplicates that ridiculous performance...so I see manning staying right with brady.

hbionic

My teams first, sport second. It's why I don't bother watching most championship games other than the world cup when MY team is not playing in it.

NBA Finals w/no Lakers? Who cares.
World Series, no Dodgers? Who cares.
Superbowl, no Eagles. farg me.

etc., etc., etc.

Also, I'm picking the Giants. Dudes have impressed me to the point where I'm almost gaga for them like IGY is for the taterskins. I just can't believe WE haven't put it together over the past 10 years and have a ring to brag about.

reese125

Quote from: hbionic on January 31, 2012, 11:40:38 AM
My teams first, sport second. It's why I don't bother watching most championship games other than the world cup when MY team is not playing in it.

do whatcha gotta do...but I cant even begin nor want to comprehend this logic.

SunMo

hbionic hasn't watched a world series in forevers
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on January 31, 2012, 11:46:34 AM

its easy to comprehend...most soccer fans are not sports fans and most people from LA are not sports fans...combine the two and guess what happens
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 31, 2012, 12:00:31 PM
Quote from: reese125 on January 31, 2012, 11:46:34 AM

its easy to comprehend...most soccer fans are not sports fans and most people from LA are not sports fans...combine the two and guess what happens

You get Mexicans?

hbionic

I don't care if you guys can't draw a farging picture. Concepts above the 8th grade level are usually above the head of most East Coasters. So I understand if you fear it because you don't understand it.

Have fun eating, drinking, and watching some other team win it. I'm done wasting my time with football this season.

Feva

Seeing the Giants at Media Day = my blood boiling
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews