Super Bowl XLVI

Started by Rome, January 24, 2012, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: hbionic on January 31, 2012, 01:02:42 PM
I don't care if you guys can't draw a farging picture. Concepts above the 8th grade level are usually above the head of most East Coasters. So I understand if you fear it because you don't understand it.

Have fun eating, drinking, and watching some other team win it. I'm done wasting my time with football this season.

yeah idiots.  have fun with your drinking, eating, hanging out with your friends watching the championship of the most popular sport in the country being decided.

what a bunch of idiots you guys are!  LOLOLOLOLOL
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on January 31, 2012, 01:02:42 PM
I don't care if you guys can't draw a farging picture. Concepts above the 8th grade level are usually above the head of most East Coasters. So I understand if you fear it because you don't understand it.

Have fun eating, drinking, and watching some other team win it. I'm done wasting my time with football this season.

i completely understand it...sports out there doesnt mean as it much on this coast...you guys have ton of other stuff to do like go to the beach...or roller blade...and good weather all year long...this isnt a new thing and you didnt need to state your position for me to get it...i was explaing it to reese...its why cleveland has had two teams since LA last had one and almost 20 years total since they have had an nfl team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Wrong again.

It's igynorant for you to say that sports doesn't matter. Our pro teams, and college teams have just as strong a following as any teams across the country.

Bringing in the beach and roller blading and weather into the conversation completely strips you of all credibility. Do you really see 5 million people hitting the beach on Superbowl sunday? Weather is good, but that doesn't affect people's interest in sports. Maybe it is a factor with you guys out there.

I just can't stand watching someone else win it. What's the point. So I can say congratufarginlations, nice season? farg that. I wish nothing but death to teams that are there at the end. I'm not happy for any of them. And you so called 'true fans' should check yourselves. But I get it...you are the same people that have to watch all of this television. Without this stuff to fill your lives, you have no meaning. Missing the Superbowl? No farging way would you be the guy that 'missed out'.

Eagles or bust.

Have fun Superbowl Sunday. Let me know who wins. 

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

So I take it this means you won't be rsvp'ing for my Super Bowl party? 

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on January 31, 2012, 01:39:44 PM
Our pro teams, and college teams have just as strong a following as any teams across the country.

lol....no

Quote from: hbionic on January 31, 2012, 01:39:44 PM
Bringing in the beach and roller blading and weather into the conversation completely strips you of all credibility. Do you really see 5 million people hitting the beach on Superbowl sunday? Weather is good, but that doesn't affect people's interest in sports. Maybe it is a factor with you guys out there.

its not about any specific sunday or any one sporting event...its the culture you grow up in and the west coast just doesnt have a sports culture that is engrained in almost everyone from cradle to grave...in LA its an event that is neat to go to every once and a while and if a team is good yeah people will get excited but you are never fully invested in it and it certainly is never ever treated as a live or die thing

hbionic

I agree in that sense as a whole. But the whole is made up of a bunch of parts and a lot of people that have relocated. You DO have a strong following for Dodgers, Lakers, USC, and UCLA. But Los Angeles is also made up of transplants that give the impression that as a whole, L.A. just isn't as 'strong' as other sports god fearing cities.

Sports is just as big a part of people's lives here. In fact it's bigger. We just don't bark as loud as you do about it. Kids grow up playing all little league sports. The thing we don't have is the fact that a lot of the people here are 1st generation either immigrants or transplants. We don't have the grandfather-father-son-grandchild thing going on in the stands and at home. Maybe that is why you feel it is more deeply engrained, and I will give you that. Give it a few generations though we can compare notes.

L.A. is a transient city. Economy keeps them in or out. It's hard to establish deep roots when people leave because of jobs.

I'm willing to acknowledge the deeply engrained tradition of sports out east. But you have to acknowlege that true sports fans are the same everywhere.

ice grillin you

i agree with that....true sports fans are the same everywhere for sure...theres just a lot less of them in certain places...la metro has like 13 million people...and i guarntee it has far less than philly which is half that size

QB Eagles

The Super Bowl transcends sports and is virtually an American holiday. I would guess that most people who watch the game are not even sports fans and haven't intentionally sat down to watch another NFL game all season. It's a spectacle and a major cultural event in the US.

I'm genuinely surprised there are people on CF who don't watch the SB. I realize not everyone here is consuming an igy level of sports broadcasting every day, but the Super Bowl is pretty basic.

Maybe we ought to run a poll to find out how many Eagle games people on CF watch per season.

Diomedes

I take in maybe half of the Eagles games in a season and I don't generally watch the Super Bowl.  Last one I saw was the first Eli vs. Brady because I was roped into visiting in-laws, and before that, Donovan puking against Brady, because it was the Eagles.

Once Philly is out, I don't care at all.  I have only so many free days, and a lot of shtein to get done, so the last thing I'm gonna do is drop four or five hours on a virtual American holiday.  F America, I have errands to run. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

I thought you might at least GameCenter that shtein.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 31, 2012, 07:13:54 PM
The Super Bowl transcends sports and is virtually an American holiday. I would guess that most people who watch the game are not even sports fans and haven't intentionally sat down to watch another NFL game all season. It's a spectacle and a major cultural event in the US.

go to a random superbowl party and less than half it is paying attention to the game...and im not just talking about women...even many males who are sports fans dont "watch" the whole thing...youll have the mini group of hardcore men who have the best seats on the couch and watch the whole game but that a def minority...

thats one of the reasons im not a huge fan of superbowl parties...id rather not watch the game at all than sort of watch it...not be able to hear the sound...see one series then lose your seat cause you went to take a piss and have to stand in the back of room for the next quarter...i either wanna watch it for real or not watch it at all...then you have to put up with everyone cackling at stupid commericals and girls giggling at how the quarterback puts his hands on another mans ass every play

Rome

If Chuggie doesn't wanna watch the Super Bowl, good for him.  If I were in L.A. I probably wouldn't be watching it either.  Since I'm not, and I have to live in this virtual hell hole of a state, (for at least 7 more years I've just been told by my ladyfriend) I'm gonna get sauced and cheer like a motherfarger for Ocho Cinco.

I think getting shtein-faced counts as an errand, amirite?

ice grillin you

Rome

hbionic

They shouldn't dress like that if they want to be taken seriously. Hat's with Jerseys, that's rediculous.