Rest of Baseball - 2012

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 04, 2012, 04:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

i don't see how making the game 10 times more exciting is ruining the game. if so many guys were roiding, the ones who didn't are idiots.

also...THE HALL OF FAME IS A MUSEUM. for the fans. everyone who pretends it's some solemn place for only the purest of players can eat a fat one.

Rome

exactly.  make it legal = no cheaters.  if you opt out, too bad so sad for you.

ice grillin you

its not about the hof its about records...without stats and records baseball doesnt exist

60 - 1927
61 - 1962
66 - 1998
63 - 1999
65 - 1999
64 - 2001
73 - 2001

luis gonnzalez - 57
brady anderson - 50
greg vaughn - 50

end of story

lol at making steroids legal....you must be ufc fans right?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

its not about the hof its about records...without stats and records baseball doesnt exist...its sickening that these guys twisted the records books both in career and seasonal totals like they did...baseball is the one sport where you wanna look at numbers and know they are legit

60 - 1927
61 - 1962
66 - 1998
63 - 1999
65 - 1999
64 - 2001
73 - 2001

luis gonnzalez - 57
brady anderson - 50
greg vaughn - 50

end of story

lol at making steroids legal....you must be ufc fans right?

MDS

i understand they made the stats look like a joke...but who did it and who didnt

if you sit there say oh yea biggio, bagwell and piazza are roid heads you are crazy. you and i have no farging clue. they are guilty by association.

of course bonds, clemens, mcgwire and sosa did it. with that you have to decide to how good they were regardless. bonds and clemens were good regardless. they are both in. you know it. you cant say oh bonds juiced thats why he hit 70 homers keep him out. he didnt need the 70 he was in before that. same with clemens.

mac and sosa are arguments. they are the tricky gray area where they technically have hit 600 homers but you know damn well it wasnt on the level. i put them in because they hit 600 homers, bullshtein or not it is what it is. they gotta be in there otherwise you are turning a blind eye to history.

babe ruth isnt turning over in his grave. ty cobb the violent racist psychopath will get over it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

if you think someone did them then they probably did...this aint rocket science

and if you want to put them in anyway thats your perogative...i personally wouldnt

and theres a difference btwn pretending it didnt happen and inducting them as a member...i dont really care if they are a member or not...but id be erasing stats like a motherfarger if i was baseball

phattymatty

i know when i think about baseball and my childhood, all that really comes to mind is barry larkin.

hopefully that's all my grandkids will know about too.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2013, 01:45:29 PM
if you think someone did them then they probably did...this aint rocket science

well see no. i dont know if bagwell or biggio did them. im not gonna pretend to. i dont know if gary carter or mr met or andre dawson or frank robinson did them either.

thats the point. the era is the era. baseball let the steroid era happen, they let the record books get assaulted. its part of the game. just gotta go with it, like it or not.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

carter dawson and frank obviously didnt

biggio and bagwell did altho neither of them should be in even if they were clean

MDS

well there we go its all cleared up now

SunMo

what about frank thomas...which side is he obviously on
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

and i'm glad that steroids = bad

greenies = ok
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Quote from: SunMo on January 11, 2013, 02:50:56 PM
what about frank thomas...which side is he obviously on

wait until havas tells you

he knows who was doing what and who wasnt

ice grillin you

when greenies cause people to obliterate 50 year old records seven times in 48 months i would be happy to put them in with steroids...coffee too

PhillyPhreak54

Greenies is a weak argument - agreed with Havas on that one