Rest of Baseball - 2012

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 04, 2012, 04:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

wait everyone hates hunter pence now?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 26, 2012, 07:11:56 AM
bruce bochy is such an amazing manager...this giants team is the best ive seen since the yankee late 90 early 2000 championship teams as far as the sheer number of quality at bats they throw out a game...its just phenominal to watch

just goes to show how much a manager means and how much charlie holds the phillies back...yeah its great to be chuckle duck funny and buddies with everyone but when that happens no one respects you no matter how good your reputation as a hitting coach might be....the phillie players do whatever they want whenever they want and farg charlie

What's freightening is Bochy is doing it again with a lot of new core players.  He is a very good manager and you can just see the difference between he and Elmer Fudd in big games. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i dont even think its a big game thing...i dont think bochy is pulling off magical strategics that are winning him postseason games

its an every day thing...im not going to say he gets his guys to bear down on every pitch of every at bat the whole season...thats ridiculous...but they get into the habit of how to approach and they carry that with them all year...in the playoffs it obviously gets ramped up but the foundation is already there...and bochy runs that perfect fine line of being a players manager but also having the players know he will bite their face off if they dont do what they are supposed to at the plate
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

zooey deschanel doing the anthem tonight

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 27, 2012, 03:36:51 PM
you really are old arent you

Probably not that much older than you, but I pay zero attention to pop culture or the starlet of the minute.

ice grillin you

guess you havent watched movies or tv for the last decade either

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 27, 2012, 03:40:34 PM
guess you havent watched movies or tv for the last decade either

Not really.  My TV hours are pretty much spent on football, baseball and hockey.

I haven't even watched The Wire.

ice grillin you

vogelsong went from the best pitcher in the majors to bases loaded one out in like four minutes

ice grillin you

and back to the best pitcher in baseball

PhillyPhreak54

and then got out of it

How terrible has Cabrera been? Wow

ice grillin you

baseball is the one sport where its common for a superstar to suck in the postseason.....just the nature of the beast because the game is so friggin hard

PhillyPhreak54

yeah and unfortunately for the Tigers all of their studs have hit the cold streak at the same time

ice grillin you

whats scary is that cain hasnt even pitched yet