Rest of Baseball - 2012

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 04, 2012, 04:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Edwin Jackson, $52MM?  shtein, 12/21/12 can't get here fast enough.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

So Nick Swisher got $56M over 4yrs ($70M if option is picked up) from Cleveland.

Wow.

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

TMobile and MLB signed a deal where they will out in dugout cellphone stations and all bullpen/dugout calls will be made via cell.

Jesus. Dumb.

MDS

michael morse on the block

perfect fit but no chance that funhole rizzo even deals with rube
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

good job by sanctimonious sports writers punishing bonds and clemens for something they were accused and assumed of doing but never convicted of

joke city
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

none of them should be in imo

but the real joke is going to be when they eventually put them in.....either dont ever vote for them or put them in first ballot if they deserve it

nerds tryin to play baseball gods makes me sick....self important douchebags
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea obviously presumed steroid users like bonds and clemens shouldnt get in but possible users like robby alomar, barry larkin, wade boggs, kirby puckett and dave winfield are all OK to be in

good thing we got detective havas on the case. he knows who "cheated"

ice grillin you

id keep anyone i even thought did it out...look at the evidence and decide for yourself...and my standard would be pretty low....theres already to many people in hof's as it is...if you are suspected of having done roids in the roids era then you probably did and i wouldnt vote for you

MDS

what happens if you did roids outside of the roids era and we dont know
what happens if you did roids in the roids era and we dont know
what happens if you didnt do roids in the roids era but we suspect you did

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 09, 2013, 02:52:46 PM
what happens if you did roids outside of the roids era and we dont know - what happens if babe ruth did roids?

what happens if you did roids in the roids era and we dont know - what happens if you purposely spread aids during the roids era and we dont know?

what happens if you didnt do roids in the roids era but we suspect you did - what happens if you finally get to touch a womens breast?

hbionic

I feel bad for baseball purists.

But what about this.

Make performance enhancing drugs legal.

You register either as a user or non-user.

If you are a non-user, your contracts fall on a higher scale than users. Say 20% higher. Testing is invasive and if you are caught, you receive a life-time ban after second offense, but first offense automatically qualifies your contract into the user scale of pay.

Users have a lower scale of pay and have to can only take approved PED's. Contracts are generally about 20% lower than market and testing is not as invasive as non-users.

The only problem in this is liability MLB would assume if they 'approve' of a drug and the side effects/after effects of long-term use prove fatal or damaging. It would be cool because the hall of fame would have two different kinds of stats.

This scenario would never exist, so shut the farg up.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phattymatty

so why didn't piazza make it? his numbers got worse and worse as he got older just like a real human being.