2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

PoopyfaceMcGee

Cox - A
Hard to argue with the pick or the player
Kendricks - B+
A lot to like, but there are concerns about his size and if he can hold up against the run and cover bigger TE's
Curry - C+
What is he, the 4th DE? 5th? Will he play at all this year? Pick may pan out, but it is nothing for 2012
Foles - C-
Whatever. Needed a non-Trent-Edwards backup, but didn't need to spend a 3rd rounder

Overall grade for rounds 1-3: B+
Cox and Kendricks should help the team win now. Good. That said I really am liking each pick less and less. Dammit.

Rome

They got rid of Juqua for Brandon Graham to be moved into the rotation so the only real question is can Curry outplay Darryl Tapp and moved into his slot behind Killa.

I can't really disagree with Curry's grade, though.  I'm hopeful he'll turn out to be a productive player.

PoopyfaceMcGee

C+ is above average, barely. I should love that they're drafting for value and not need. I guess my issue is that he'll either ride the pine or prove Brandon Graham a useless sack of shtein. The homer side of me was still hoping Graham could make an impact.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 28, 2012, 06:49:56 AM
I should love that they're drafting for value and not need.

I think they did both. They needed LB and DL and addressed it with the first 3 picks and didn't do it by reaching or grabbing the project/hybrid guys that infuriate us. The Foles pick is a bit of a head scratcher because I'd have liked to see them go OL....maybe Massie. Hopefully they can get him in the 4th.

Munson

Why is everyone so down on the QB pick? Wasn't it pretty much assumed that they'd pick one to start grooming for post-Vick? i know nothing about the guy though other than he seems to be very good size for a QB and isnt very mobile. i highly doubt anyone else they would have taken in the 3rd round would have been an impact player this year. it could have been another chris gocong or daniel teonesishjshshshsim
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 28, 2012, 10:26:59 AM

I'd have liked to see them go OL....maybe Massie. Hopefully they can get him in the 4th.

I was thinking about that too as a BPA. At first I didn't think they had any need, but Herremans and Mathis could always man the guard positions and he'd be great insurance if their tackle depth peters out.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 28, 2012, 12:15:49 PM
At first I didn't think they had any need, but Herremans and Mathis could always man the guard positions and he'd be great insurance if their tackle depth peters out.

they have a shteinload of need for OL depth in general
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

One of the Houston writers down here was saying on radio that Jacoby Jones could be a target for the Eagles to trade for because he's a bigger guy and can return kicks.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 28, 2012, 12:21:31 PM
One of the Houston writers down here was saying on radio that Jacoby Jones could be a target for the Eagles to trade for because he's a bigger guy and can return kicks.

marvin mcnutt would be a great big wr to try and get today...and he would fit perfectly underneath cox

Eagaholic

Quote from: Munson on April 28, 2012, 10:58:40 AM
Why is everyone so down on the QB pick? Wasn't it pretty much assumed that they'd pick one to start grooming for post-Vick? i know nothing about the guy though other than he seems to be very good size for a QB and isnt very mobile. i highly doubt anyone else they would have taken in the 3rd round would have been an impact player this year. it could have been another chris gocong or daniel teonesishjshshshsim

I don't hate the pick just the position. If they like him because he seems a good WCO with strong arm and good production I'm fine with it. Just seemed like a bit of a reach at that point when there were a number of other needs. Best CB available for example or would have liked to see a move up a few spaces for Sanu.

ice grillin you

because you care.....who remains on my want board

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 18, 2012, 02:46:41 PM
1a. michael brockers  - DT – off the charts measurables and a killer frame...projects as a star down the road but isnt as nfl ready as some others...however that doesn't matter as DT is perfectly set up to take a guy who wont come into his own for a year or two...cox would be equally acceptable here but i love brockers frame and upside

b. mark barron – SS has the biggest gap in the entire draft btwn the first and second best player...they need centerfield fear factor in the worst way and meeko plus this guy would transform the defense from a unit that scared no one to having LEGIT toughness...and toughness where they most need it...up the middle

c. trade back – depending on how things fall i feel like this could be a good option if they have the right buyer for #15

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2a. zach brown - OLB -  incredible athlete who i think will be a better pro than college player

b. lavonte david OLB – sideline to sideline playmaker....first round ability imo but undersized which may have him at 46 for the birds...would like to see him compete for the wil spot this summer

c. dwayne allen - TE – good athlete who could play all over the place in the eagles offense to create mismatches

d. stephen hill - WR – I put him here but you would need to trade up to get him...if he drops far enough where the cost isn't to great then go get him...imo hes gonna be a stud and hes someone id rather have than michael floyd

e. janoris jenkins - CB -  a little small but can play inside or outside...all nfl type talent if he doesn't act like dick when he gets caked off

f. andre branch -DE – high end body and skills...I think he could produce off the edge especially with washburns tutelage...hes a bit soft so he wouldn't be great against the run just yet but I wouldn't mind throwing him in the mix to create havoc behind the line of scrimmage...very possible some teams would see him only as a 3-4 olb
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3[b]a. brandon boykin - CB – good chance he wont be here and probably should have included him in the second round but im being optimistic....he projects as purely a slot corner so im thinking his limitations caue him to fall a little...hes the slot guy they need[/b]
b. sean spence - OLB – great athlete but undersized...seems like a typical small eagle lb pick but id be on board with this one

c. isaiah pead - RB – great in space and most importantly can pass block and catch...would be a nice back up/supplement to shady

4a. janzen jackson – FS/CB – great athlete that has personal problems so hard to say where hes gonna go...could drop like a rock but has at least 3rd round talent if not higher

b. cam johnson – DE – another physical specimen that wash can clean up...seems to me he might be better suited as a 5 technique 3-4 man tho...love his potential tho

c. jarius wright – WR – not really a need here but someone I think would be an insane playmaker in a reid offense....move him almost anywhere on the field and dooks gonna make plays...small as shtein

5a. omar bolden - CB – blew out his knee last year but was one of the top corners in the country....because of the injury its hard to say how far hes gonna fall...id take a chance on him here

b. lucas nix – G – nasty white dood who reminds me of the guard version of jon runyan

c. vontaez perfect - MLB

6a chigbo anunoby - DT – smashes the look test....hes like 325 pounds but carries his weight like a defensive end

b. nick mondek OL – former DL project that andy loves to work with

c. nigel bradham - OLB – destroys the look test....detsroys opponents...just runs around the field blowing motherfargers up...would be a dominant special teamer if nothing else

d. mike harris – CB – physical slot guy

e. terrell manning - OLB – athletically gifted so probably going to go in the 4th/5th round but is really small and has had multiple knee injuries so im hoping he falls

Eagles_Legendz

not a fan of brown at all, though i would have preferred david to kendricks probably. 

boykin needs to last 10 more picks.

PhillyPhreak54

George Iloka or Boykin are who I want with the next one

ice grillin you