2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

How am I a homer? I LOATHE this front office. You have to be kidding me.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Munson

You're generally more positive than IGY which obviously makes you a homer.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 27, 2012, 11:39:04 PM
How am I a homer? I LOATHE this front office. You have to be kidding me.

dont make me go back and downgrade the kendricks pick now that i know hes gonna be run SAM up at lehigh
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

I give them a B+ would be an A if not for Foles I love the first three picks.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

Im not seeing anything over a C+ at best with this draft

Cox is the only one that gets me semi excited but that could be the first round in me talking. The other picks are so meh its not even funny. I pray for the day this organization gets on a ravens or steelers level evaluating talent

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: reese125 on April 27, 2012, 11:52:50 PM

Cox is the only one that gets me semi excited but that could be the first round in me talking. The other picks are so meh its not even funny. I pray for the day this organization gets on a ravens or steelers level evaluating talent

You cannot be serious...

reese125

oh im serious

the safest and serious pick was cox. im not thrilled with the others what so ever. if the others pan out ill be happy to eat my words and be the first to admit i was wrong

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2012, 11:55:23 PM
Quote from: reese125 on April 27, 2012, 11:52:50 PM

You cannot be serious...

why is a C+ so bad?

cox way above average

kendricks is a nice choice but they passed on better players for him

curry fits the system nicely but is a one dimensional player without skills that jump out at you

foles was completely unecessary

why the outrage with this take...i have no problem if you wanna lean a little higher...but you are acting like he gave it an F

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: reese125 on April 27, 2012, 11:57:32 PM
oh im serious

the safest and serious pick was cox. im not thrilled with the others what so ever. if the others pan out ill be happy to eat my words and be the first to admit i was wrong

Why aren't you a fan of a fast LB and another DE? Especially when the defense was the Achilles heel?

Hawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 27, 2012, 11:37:43 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2012, 11:30:10 PM
Cox - A (95)
Kendricks - A (95)
Curry - B+ (88)
Foles - D (65)

Overall = A- (343/4 = 85.75 = B)

Overall, that actually averages out to a solid B if you assign number grades.

If the higher picks are weighted more heavily than an A minus is still possible.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 28, 2012, 12:00:52 AM
oh im serious

Why aren't you a fan of a fast LB and another DE? Especially when the defense was the Achilles heel?

because there were faster bigger better lb's when they chose kendricks

Don Ho

Draft went from A- to "see me after class".

In all seriousness Foles is not that bad.  Saw a lot of him this past season as we get a shtein load of PAC 12 games here.  I was impressed with his size and thought he actually moved pretty good in the pocket.  And yes, it is absolutely 100% correct that he had a horrible surrounding cast on offense.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

reese125

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 28, 2012, 12:00:52 AM
oh im serious

im perfectly aware of the achilles heel of this defense. we've been down the speedy lb road before and i dont like how it turned out based off the evaluation of the eagles. this team and any team needs players that can shed blocks and power the run game. the eagles organization has been crushing the lb and end position for years and i don expect it stop there with these guys picked.

and considering the way castillo likes to spread guys out I see more of the same with these players attirbutes. consider me jinxed with skepticism.

Drunkmasterflex

I already liked kendricks but when I saw how excited Bill Polian got about him that told me something. He has had a knack for drafting small lbs.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

he ever played a 5-11 235 dood at sam in a wide nine?