2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 25, 2012, 12:15:26 PM
king is intimating that they will not take a DT in the first round because they have a tackle targeted that they believe they can get in the second

he also said they really like mike adams

they will draft a QB....said if tannehill makes it past the dolphins he could see them trading up for him

Please no on Tannehill. I jokingly said they'd trade up for him a month or so ago because this is the type of shtein they do. Please take him Miami. He's Joey Harrington part deux.

Wonder if the DT is Jerel Worthy. Not saying Eskin doesn't know stuff because he has his head up the f/o's ass, but he's also been known to leak info purposely for the Eagles sake. I can't see them taking an offensive player in round 1 unless someone like Luck/RG3/Kalil/Blackmon fell and it was just too good to be true.

SunMo

yeah, if Kalil somehow gets to 8 or 9 I'm trying to get up and get him.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

Has Eskin ever been right about anything related to Eagles player personnel moves?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on April 25, 2012, 10:17:50 AM
Quote from: phattymatty on April 24, 2012, 01:01:00 PM
the more i see everyone fixating and predicting the birds take a DE or DT, i have a feeling they stay there and pick up the best CB on the board, whether it's kirkpatrick or if we're lucky gilmore.

Quote from: SunMo on April 25, 2012, 09:20:14 AM
SD, i've made my selection.
They will be going corner.
Either Gilmore or Kirkpatrick

BITER

Both of youse are biters!

Quote« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 12:17:25 PM »
Want: Barron

Think they pick: Brockers

Darkhorse: trade up for Gilmore

phattymatty

HEY WOULD YOUS GUYS TAKE LUCK IF HE DROPPED TO 15???

SD

PhillyPhanInDC

Supposedly Burfict failed a drug test at the combine. Is there anything left for him to farg up at this point?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on April 25, 2012, 02:23:45 PM
Supposedly Burfict failed a drug test at the combine. Is there anything left for him to farg up at this point?

He'll go to Bal'more and be a stud behind RayRay and Ozzie is a genius /Havas

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 25, 2012, 12:15:26 PM
king is intimating that they will not take a DT in the first round because they have a tackle targeted that they believe they can get in the second

he also said they really like mike adams

they will draft a QB....said if tannehill makes it past the dolphins he could see them trading up for him

Gold standard... Trading up for a qb that his college coach passes on....

ice grillin you

it always makes me laugh when people predict exact trades in their mock drafts but kiper now has the eagles trading 15 to jacksonville who will then move up and take gilmore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

to me 15 in this particular year is the quintessential spot to NOT move up...its almost impossible to mess this draft up at 15 because there are no less than five different guys that would be a good pick there that realistically will be there....and they all are essentially on the same level

i like brockers better than cox...but certainly not enough to trade up for him and you can say the same thing about cox if you happen to like him better....is gilmore worth trading up for when you could get coples for nothing?...or how about moving down a few spots and maybe you get po po and an extra pick

barron is my solid number one want in the first round...but at most i might jump up a couple spots to stop at the same time a division rival who may want him AND fill a huge need...that may be worth dealing for...but otherwise sit back and see who comes to you...if your worst fears are realized when it gets to you at 15 then trade back...but i see no need to trade up this year...and certainly not into the top ten
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2012, 07:19:15 AM
to me 15 in this particular year is the quintessential spot to NOT move up...its almost impossible to mess this draft up at 15 because there are no less than five different guys that would be a good pick there that realistically will be there....

That's the beauty of being at 15...someone is sure to drop. Let's just hope the Eagles don't farg it up by reaching for a player..."we're smarter than you"

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2012, 07:19:15 AM
to me 15 in this particular year is the quintessential spot to NOT move up...its almost impossible to mess this draft up at 15 because there are no less than five different guys that would be a good pick there that realistically will be there....and they all are essentially on the same level

i like brockers better than cox...but certainly not enough to trade up for him and you can say the same thing about cox if you happen to like him better....is gilmore worth trading up for when you could get coples for nothing?...or how about moving down a few spots and maybe you get po po and an extra pick

barron is my solid number one want in the first round...but at most i might jump up a couple spots to stop at the same time a division rival who may want him AND fill a huge need...that may be worth dealing for...but otherwise sit back and see who comes to you...if your worst fears are realized when it gets to you at 15 then trade back...but i see no need to trade up this year...and certainly not into the top ten

Agreed.

A lot of talk that JAX is looking to get out of the 7 hole. I have a feeling that Howie has been burning up the lines for that pick...