2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I remember wanting Ngata more than Bunk but I knew the Eagles would take Bunk given the choice JJ always liked the type of guys igy described. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Hawk

McShay has Keuchly up in the top five now.   Seems like names have been shooting up and down in the five to fifteen range.

SD

I've seen a lot of people use the tag 'can't miss' with Keuchly. I'm no expert but that seems like awfully high praise.

Drunkmasterflex

He is a lot more athletic than he is given credit for, though as of late taking a LB in the top 10 is risky business. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Seabiscuit36

Keuchly seems like Derrick Johnson all over again
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: rjs246 on April 24, 2012, 12:18:13 PM
I want them to pick an undersized white dude from Iowa with perfect grammar so I can sit back and watch this place melt down into convulsive fits of dementia.

"Hello rjs246, my name is Coby Fleener and while not from your desired school Iowa I come from an outstanding educational institution in Stanford. I would be honored to fulfill your criteria mentioned above. Go Eagles of Philadelphia!"

ice grillin you

cookly will be one of those guys who gets a 100 tackles but doesnt make any plays...the guy who has a 16 tackle game and you ask "today"?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2012, 09:29:56 PM
cookly will be one of those guys who gets a 100 tackles but doesnt make any plays...the guy who has a 16 tackle game and you ask "today"?

I think that depends what kind of defense he is in. 

ice grillin you

i just dont see the athleticism to do that...doesnt have the burst or speed to get to the qb...doesnt have the lateral ability to come down the line or across the field and smash a rb...doesnt have the power to run thru people and hes a wrap up tackler not a ball dislodger

he makes incredible reads and will always be there and make the tackle...i just dont think hes gonna be on that next level as a game changer...but he easily has the highest floor of anyone in the draft and will be a good player for a long time

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2012, 09:46:27 PM
i just dont see the athleticism to do that...doesnt have the burst or speed to get to the qb...doesnt have the lateral ability to come down the line or across the field and smash a rb...doesnt have the power to run thru people and hes a wrap up tackler not a ball dislodger

he makes incredible reads and will always be there and make the tackle...i just dont think hes gonna be on that next level as a game changer...but he easily has the highest floor of anyone in the draft and will be a good player for a long time

The Eagles don't blitz their LBs anymore and he plays well in space and is a sure tackler...he'd be a perfect fit in their scheme. I wouldn't hate him as the pick but we all know he isn't going to be there at 15 and even if he was they wouldn't select him.

ice grillin you

then id say their scheme is the problem...i want my linebackers scaring people and making plays...

cookly would be a fine pick late first or second round....not at 15

i dont want the 15th pick in the draft best attribute to be "a sure tackler"

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2012, 09:56:11 PM
then id say their scheme is the problem...

A modified cover two with a wide 9 and a career O-line coach as the orchestrator...scheme is definitely a problem.

Drunkmasterflex

then id say their scheme is the problem...i want my linebackers scaring people and making plays...

Well its not like they have a plethora of sure tacklers on their defense.  Personally I don't think Kuechly is what they need because they would have to move him to SAM, he is at his best in the middle. That being said I wouldn't hate the pick. 

I would much rather than take a guy like Coples, Poe, or Ingram because they have potential to be game changers. 

shorebird

White.......linebacker......trade up.......never happen.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 24, 2012, 10:15:22 PM

Well its not like they have a plethora of sure tacklers on their defense.  Personally I don't think Kuechly is what they need because they would have to move him to SAM, he is at his best in the middle. That being said I wouldn't hate the pick. 

exactly...he would be a lot more palatable in the middle...but again 15 too high...lets say he fell into the 20's which isnt going to happen....but if it did and they traded back got a pick or two and took him i wouldnt hate it either