2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Quote from: SunMo on April 23, 2012, 11:27:15 AM
that dude has gotten FAT

Once he got to Ohio, he decided to take the Tommy Boy thing all the way.

Drunkmasterflex

A name that has been getting a lot of chatter recently is Chandler Jones. Supposedly the Eagles could be looking at him as an OLB.

He certainly has an unbelievable pedigree.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 23, 2012, 02:17:12 PM
A name that has been getting a lot of chatter recently is Chandler Jones. Supposedly the Eagles could be looking at him as an OLB.

He certainly has an unbelievable pedigree.

Pass. He's a hybrid they'll probably throw out there at DE. They always take chances on players like this and it never pans out. Would it shock me if they took him? Not in the least, it's the typical 'we're smarter than you' move this front office would make. If they're going LB I'd rather they either went with Kuechly with 15 or Zach Brown in the 2nd.

BigEd76

Today's mock from PFT has the Eagles taking him

Drunkmasterflex

Some say he could play a Jason Jones type role. I don't know about the smarter than you pick though.  Mayock now has him as the 9th best player in the draft.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SunMo

Greg Cosell said on twitter this weekend that he doesn't think Coples is a first round talent.  I was surprised by that.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

I was jus listening to him on NFL radio very impressive. He also said he trains with Jon in the offseason not a bad thing considering he is a world champ and perhaps the biggest freak of nature on the planet.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 23, 2012, 02:17:12 PM

the notion that he could play olb is hilarious...hes almost 270 pounds and lacks speed as an edge rusher much less having to run with a TE...hes an outside rushing DE all the way imo

15 would be insanely high for me...he doesnt have great athletisicm or talent and he didnt produce in college...its one thing to have a huge upside and not have produced like a poe...or to have great production but not be an elite talent but to be neither?...no thanks....not at 15 anyway...i like him a little better but in a lot of ways he reminds me of abiamiri
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

I am not going to pretend to know enough about him to pass judgement. I do agree 15 seems high.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: reese125 on April 23, 2012, 11:51:11 AM
If I lived in Cleveland I'd be so depressed I'd be 3 bills too. Comfort food.

Mrs. Heckert needs some comforting.

Diomedes

I don't know anything about football, but I hope to hell they don't take a DE in the first round, because the Eagles don't know anything about pass rushers.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Munson

Ugh. I knew/know nothing about college players but I still remember getting excited when the draft got around to the Eagles 2nd round pick and Witten was still there. Really thought they were gonna take him.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54