2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Would anyone be upset if they traded up to take Melvin Ingram?

ice grillin you

finally finished up my want list a couple days ago...as i usually do i pick three players per pick...one of which id like to end up with...its to hard to find good video on late round guys so i went with just five players for the three 6th rounders they have

1a. michael brockers  - DT – off the charts measurables and a killer frame...projects as a star down the road but isnt as nfl ready as some others...however that doesn't matter as DT is perfectly set up to take a guy who wont come into his own for a year or two...cox would be equally acceptable here but i love brockers frame and upside

b. mark barron – SS has the biggest gap in the entire draft btwn the first and second best player...they need centerfield fear factor in the worst way and meeko plus this guy would transform the defense from a unit that scared no one to having LEGIT toughness...and toughness where they most need it...up the middle

c. trade back – depending on how things fall i feel like this could be a good option if they have the right buyer for #15

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2a. zach brown - OLB -  incredible athlete who i think will be a better pro than college player

b. lavonte david OLB – sideline to sideline playmaker....first round ability imo but undersized which may have him at 46 for the birds...would like to see him compete for the wil spot this summer

c. dwayne allen - TE – good athlete who could play all over the place in the eagles offense to create mismatches

d. stephen hill - WR – I put him here but you would need to trade up to get him...if he drops far enough where the cost isn't to great then go get him...imo hes gonna be a stud and hes someone id rather have than michael floyd

e. janoris jenkins - CB -  a little small but can play inside or outside...all nfl type talent if he doesn't act like dick when he gets caked off

f. andre branch -DE – high end body and skills...I think he could produce off the edge especially with washburns tutelage...hes a bit soft so he wouldn't be great against the run just yet but I wouldn't mind throwing him in the mix to create havoc behind the line of scrimmage...very possible some teams would see him only as a 3-4 olb
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3a. brandon boykin - CB – good chance he wont be here and probably should have included him in the second round but im being optimistic....he projects as purely a slot corner so im thinking his limitations caue him to fall a little...hes the slot guy they need

b. sean Spence - OLB – great athlete but undersized...seems like a typical small eagle lb pick but id be on board with this one

c. isaiah pead - RB – great in space and most importantly can pass block and catch...would be a nice back up/supplement to shady

4a. janzen jackson – FS/CB – great athlete that has personal problems so hard to say where hes gonna go...could drop like a rock but has at least 3rd round talent if not higher

b. cam johnson – DE – another physical specimen that wash can clean up...seems to me he might be better suited as a 5 technique 3-4 man tho...love his potential tho

c. jarius wright – WR – not really a need here but someone I think would be an insane playmaker in a reid offense....move him almost anywhere on the field and dooks gonna make plays...small as shtein

5a. omar bolden - CB – blew out his knee last year but was one of the top corners in the country....because of the injury its hard to say how far hes gonna fall...id take a chance on him here

b. lucas nix – G – nasty white dood who reminds me of the guard version of jon runyan

c. vontaez perfect - MLB

6a chigbo anunoby - DT – smashes the look test....hes like 325 pounds but carries his weight like a defensive end

b. nick mondek OL – former DL project that andy loves to work with

c. nigel bradham - OLB – destroys the look test....detsroys opponents...just runs around the field blowing motherfargers up...not very instinctive...would be a dominant special teamer if nothing else

d. mike harris – CB – physical slot guy

e. terrell manning - OLB – athletically gifted so probably going to go in the 4th/5th round but is really small and has had multiple knee injuries so im hoping he falls

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 18, 2012, 02:40:58 PM
Would anyone be upset if they traded up to take Melvin Ingram?

ingram is fine but i dont need to trade up for him

Rome

I just found out I won't have next Friday off so no draft party Thurs nite.

FML

Drunkmasterflex

I would love to see Dwayne Allen in the second he is a beast as a blocker. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

Drunkmasterflex

If they truly do that I won't be pissed I will be happy.  If they are willing to admit a mistake and actually change that is a good thing.  Do I believe it? Not really, but well run businesses do this sort of thing all the time. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Eagaholic

Both Mayock and Kirwin yesterday had the Eagles leapfrogging Dallas to get Barron. Kirwin still had Coples on the board and Mayock isn't a Coples fan. Possible I suppose the moving up for Barron was a based on a leaked rumor by the Eagles.

SD

There's no way the Eagles move up for Barron. If they move up it's for D line.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 21, 2012, 05:15:22 AM
There's no way the Eagles move up for Barron. If they move up it's for D line.

im a barron guy (i know youre not) and i would never trade up for him

trading up for a DT would be equally as dumb because of the depth at that position...other than WR i dont think theres a deeper position in this draft

ice grillin you

ESPN and the NFL Network have agreed to not show prospects on the phone in the green room right before they are selected. I think most people often found that practice annoying, spoiling the actual moment when the pick was announced. NFL reporters may still try to "break news" of the pick beforehand, but hopefully, this will allow the suspense to unfold a little bit.

Rome

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2012, 10:19:49 AM
ESPN and the NFL Network have agreed to not show prospects on the phone in the green room right before they are selected. I think most people often found that practice annoying, spoiling the actual moment when the pick was announced. NFL reporters may still try to "break news" of the pick beforehand, but hopefully, this will allow the suspense to unfold a little bit.

I'm all for this and agree with the sentiment that it ruins the moment of the pick. I don't want to know who a team is picking until it's announced. It's a show and what's the use of making a big presentation about it if camera crews and insiders are telling you the pick minutes before it happens.

Diomedes

That has always driven me nuts.  Good change.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger