2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Are we sure Jordan Bernstine didn't write this blog and that Aaron Wilson is the Iowa safety?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

It's this part in the game where a guy catches the kick from the opposing team and tries to advance the ball.  It's kinda important.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Eagaholic

for those into mocks and guessing who the Eagles will pick, heard an interview this evening on Sirius with Ben Jones, center from GA. Played guard in senior bowl though. Said the Eagles went down to see him (pro day?) and are flying him up Sunday for a private work out. Was a Rimington finalist. Don't know, but sounds like he's a mid to late round pick.He said he was 316 but dropped 10-12 pounds to be quicker. If he can go another 10-12 he'd be a lock for a Birds pick. I still say Kelce is the weakest link of the offense though this guy could be a clone.

ice grillin you

fireman is easily worse than kelce...i do think kelce is a little overrated because he was a sixth round pick and played so people elevate him to levels he doesnt quite reach but it seemed like the staff espcially mudd absolutely loved the kid

id be surprised if the eagles dont target a few lineman in the middle to late rounds as their depth along the line is pathetic...jones seems exactly like their kind of guy...solid as a rock unathletic...high floor could start pretty much right away...can play g or c so he could push kelce or the fireman

cosell put him on his sleeper list last week

Eagaholic

No way Watkins is easily worse than Kelce. Watkins turned into a fairly serviceable starter with some consistency by the end of the year and I think he has a good bit of upside. Kelce was still up and down, even in the last few games. He is athletic and moves well but gets pushed around way too much. He has no leg drive and can't push the pile, and bigger tackles in the middle push him around. Even learning better leverage and technique won't solve this unless he can get a good bit stronger.

ice grillin you

so a guy who couldnt get on the field for a quarter of the season and then became at best serviceable in what were essentially preseasons games is better than a guy who started from day one and played well for a rookie at a far more difficult position

admittedly kelce gets overrated by homers as well but this practice of blowing people up to be better than they are just because they might have went from shouldnt be playing in the league to regular every day suck has to stop

if you think the fireman is going to improve to become a solid player or even a pro bowler then fine...but right now he is not nearly as good as kelce and if not for being a number one pick and the fact that they have no depth on the line would go into camp this year competeing for a starting job

Eagaholic

Watkins sucked early on, no doubt. But he became much better. He wasn't at best serviceable, he was at best solid, on average serviceable. By the end of the year >> Kelce. And what is this preseason games at the end of the year? Might not have noticed, but they were in the playoff race through the last week.

Rome

Watkins played fine after he got his legs under him.

Settle down, Esmerelda.

ice grillin you

they were out of it since the seattle game...no one cares about mathematics...not to mention the teams they were playing had mailed it in...i think dallas was the other team worth a shtein and even they are gutless

but by all means if you think the eagles are on the cusp of greatness and the fireman was a wonderful keep drinking the banner inc kool aide...

i mean even in the last two posts you went from fairly servicable to solid...by training camp he will be a future all pro

Rome

SD

Some recent drafts I've seen have Cox going top 10, Poe falling, and Brockers being the Eagles pick.

ice grillin you

im good with that....brockers is my 1a out of that group but as weve discussed id take any of them