2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

They're not going to take a tackle, King Dunlap will be the guy at LT. It's the Andy way. He never drafts a position because of an injury.

"We're fine there, King has some experience at LT and we feel he can fill in nicely".

Feva

Quote from: SD on March 30, 2012, 01:28:05 PM
"We're fine there, King has some experience at LT and we feel he can fill in nicely".

You sounded so much like Andy... I almost want to punch you.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Don Ho

Quote from: Feva on March 30, 2012, 01:30:13 PM
Quote from: SD on March 30, 2012, 01:28:05 PM

You sounded so much like Andy... I almost want to punch you.

HA!  I too found myself uttering "farg You" out loud.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Don Ho

Sounds like a real stick up guy, er ah I meant stand up guy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Drunkmasterflex

Apparently Dontario Poe was at the Novacare Complex today with Jim Washburn. Washburn tried to avoid the reporters.

Once spotted he introduced Poe as Fletcher Cox   :-D
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

such a nice luxury for the eagles this year in that a DT suits them perfectly and theres a plethora of them...no worries about someone not being there...they could take brockers po po or cox and i would be almost equally happy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Agree 100% I would be very happy with any of those guys.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Not sure I like Poe. Admittedly I haven't seen many Memphis games but I am always wary of workout warriors. Mayock has dropped him down on his rankings and I saw a few quotes from scouts that said he slacks quite a bit during games.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhanInDC

JPP was thought to be a project - a physical freak - but was projected as a boom or bust type. How many seasons of  legit college ball did JPP play? 1? The knock on Poe is that he's played a lot of football - and he hasn't improved, or at least shown where his physical ability translates to an actual football game. Point is, you could turn on tape of JPP at FIU and watch him wreck the competition - based on purely athletic ability. Supposedly, you turn on tape of Poe and see nothing. I'm not an expert - never seen Poe play. I'm just pointing out the talk is not the same as it was with JPP.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

they are similar in that they both are/were known for their talent not so much their production

a big knock on jpp was that he looked disinterested and took plays off

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 05, 2012, 01:10:50 PM
they are similar in that they both are/were known for their talent not so much their production

a big knock on jpp was that he looked disinterested and took plays off

JPP - made plays in college. Poe  - did not make plays in college.

What was intriguing about JPP was you would see his talent flash on the field. Apparently, that isn't the case with Poe.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.