2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I can't even get excited for this top ten pick.  Howie is despicable as a gm.   What was a worse move... Putting an oline coach at dc or putting a contract lawyer as gm...

Rome

Quote from: phattymatty on December 02, 2011, 12:59:30 PM
thats all true but there's still zero chance of him being high on the eagles list.

Moment of clarity provided by my drunkass Irish brotha...

And by the way, wayyyyy too soon for this thread (wink).

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on December 02, 2011, 01:16:21 PM
I can't even get excited for this top ten pick.  Howie is despicable as a gm.   What was a worse move... Putting an oline coach at dc or putting a contract lawyer as gm...

gm is worse cause it effects three phases of your team...a bad dc only influences one side of the ball
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BobbyT

1st rd - undersized 'fastball' for the Dline
2nd rd - secondary who cant tackle
3rd rd - a white LB
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

Don Ho

Quote from: BobbyT on December 02, 2011, 01:56:55 PM
1st rd - undersized 'fastball' for the Dline
2nd rd - secondary who cant tackle
3rd rd - a white LB

Rinse and repeat.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 02, 2011, 12:36:46 PM
Whenever they've been on TV here (which isn't much), I've watched a bit because I was interested in him too.  He was a lot more impressive last year...

oh and since I'm obviously wrong, read this

Danny White says Burfict is a pain in the ass and got Erickson fired

Saw a lot of him here on FOXSports West.  Saw lots of flashes of greatness but he is a bad seed.  Lots of ASU alumni in Hawaii and they all said the guy is 100% icehole.

Te'o on the other hand, eagle scout, good character and (drum roll please) MORMAN!  So if Oliver Hardy is back don't be surprised.  I don't give a shtein if he's a member of the Nazi Party.  He's over 6 feet, he weighs more than 230 lbs and he's smart.  Of course they'll take him and move him to DE.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Hypothetical situation but I'm bored and the Eagles aren't on today so here goes:

Indy gets the #1 pick but decides they want to hold onto Manning and trade Luck. What are you willing to give up for him? Assuming the Eagles get a top 10 pick the draft pick chart that Jimmy Johnson developed goes out the door. So would you give this seasons 1st and 2 2nd's, next seasons 1st and 2nd? Of course they'd have to find a taker for Vick which I'm not sure they could do because of his contract (although teams are desperate for QBs). Would you give up those picks for Luck or is that too much?

BigEd76

There are too many holes on the defense (and maybe at WR) to invest that much in Luck.  Instead, I could see them using their pick on RG3 and having him sit for a year until Vick's time is up, then using the 2nd-rd picks on LB and a WR or DB

Sgt PSN

I think they draft Luck and keep Manning. The rookie wages under the new CBA are pennies on the dollar now and the #1 pick isn't as costly as it was under the old set up.

BigEd76

btw if all of the following happen today:

Miami over Oakland -- done
Carolina over Tampa Bay -- done
Houston over Atlanta -- could go either way
Washington over New York -- could go either way
Arizona over Dallas -- unlikely

....the Eagles will sit at #5

Wins by the Jaguars and Chiefs would help things down the line but don't really matter this week

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on December 04, 2011, 02:53:10 PM
Hypothetical situation but I'm bored and the Eagles aren't on today so here goes:

Indy gets the #1 pick but decides they want to hold onto Manning and trade Luck. What are you willing to give up for him? Assuming the Eagles get a top 10 pick the draft pick chart that Jimmy Johnson developed goes out the door. So would you give this seasons 1st and 2 2nd's, next seasons 1st and 2nd? Of course they'd have to find a taker for Vick which I'm not sure they could do because of his contract (although teams are desperate for QBs). Would you give up those picks for Luck or is that too much?

no one is trading luck...especially a team with a 35 year old qb whos had three neck surgeries in the last year...but lets say it could happen...id easily give all that and more....for starters the eagles have the worst gm in the history of football so who cares about giving up picks...secondly the nfl more than any other sport is a league where you can be 1-15 one year and make the playoffs the next year.....so you def go out and get a franchise qb for the next 15 years and not worry about draft picks that will more than likely fail anyway

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: SD on December 04, 2011, 02:53:10 PM

You might be able to find a taker for Vick if a team is also looking to sell tickets, if they do get a new coach that usually means a new QB. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i dont think you need to necessarily trade vick....you have to keep him in 2012 because his dead money hit is astronomical if you let him go now...but its much more manageable in 2013....so if they cant trade him then if you were to theoretically draft a qb this year you let the new guy sit for a year or a half season then in 2013 you dump vick and go with the future

luckily its the nfl where contracts dont mean a whole lot but man was vicks stupid....it doesnt get as much run and its certainly not as bad a move as hiring juanny but its not way behind that...and certainly should be a big factor in deciding andys future

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

Quote from: phattymatty on December 02, 2011, 12:59:59 PM
i'm starting the eagles honey badger bandwagon now.

After what I saw in the second half yesterday, I'm all in.  Hell, I'd be happy with one of their scout team players.