2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i wish barkley was a little taller and a lot of times when i watch him i see jimmy claussen but yeah with all the teams that need a qb someone is gonna grab him high....and id def take a chance on him...but gimme burfict all day long
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i like burfict too but he's not a top ten guy. top ten in the second round i'd say fo sho.

i actually think this is a good year for LBs in the late first and second rounds.

ice grillin you

burfict is a top five talent...just a question of how far his attitude issues drop him down...hes easily the best linebacker in the draft and the best to come out in a bunch of years...no chance he falls to the second unless he does some really dumb stuff in the offseason leading up to the draft like give terrible interviews or something

if he falls past the top 15 id be somewhat suprised

i will say i saw arizona state play probably four times this year and i think in those four games he got five unsportsmanlike penalties...but god almighty the guy is from another planet...hes a bigger faster ray lewis

Drunkmasterflex

I like Burfict but lbs always fall....would u consider him a better prospect than Willis?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

SunMo

unless he falls to the 5th round he won't even be on the eagles' board.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah linebacker plus potential character issues = no chance

BigEd76

Have you watched Burfict this year?  He's scared of being penalized on every play and pretty much quit on his team, leading to a zesty defense that got Erickson fired.  It's absolutely possible he'll fall to the 2nd.  There's no chance he's a top 15 anymore.  Brian Kuechly from BC, Te'o from Notre Dame and Hightower from Bama are all ahead of him right now

As for the Eagles and the top 10 pick, they're in a bad spot right now and I could definitely see them trading out.  If they plan to keep Herremans at RT, they won't need Matt Kalil or Jonathan Martin (who are LTs anyway).  The two stud WRs (Blackmon and Jeffery) will be taken by the Rams and Vikings.  They don't need Trent Richardson.  The only DL expected to go in the top 20 is Quinton Coples from UNC and DE isn't really a need (plus every early DE they've drafted has been a bust).  Zach Brown (UNC OLB) is a stud but we know the Eagles aren't taking a LB in the 1st.  That leaves one of the SEC CBs (Dre Kirkpatrick or Morris Claiborne), who should go in the 8-15 range, or a QB like RG3 or Landry Jones that's gonna want a $30M SB to sit behind Vick for 3 years.

Figures they'll have 3 picks in the top 40 in what's expected to be a weak draft after the top 5...

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 02, 2011, 12:26:11 PM
Have you watched Burfict this year? 

i know you havent

hes a monster and was in every game i watched...i never said he wouldnt drop i said id be suprised if someone didnt take him in the top 15...hes that good...and he aint going in the second round...unless he has a terrible offseason

more game watching easy and less copy and pasting on message boards

BigEd76

Whenever they've been on TV here (which isn't much), I've watched a bit because I was interested in him too.  He was a lot more impressive last year...

oh and since I'm obviously wrong, read this

Danny White says Burfict is a pain in the ass and got Erickson fired

ice grillin you

so the best player on the team who played on a defense with a bunch of stiffs got a coach fired...im sure a college AD would make an entire regime change because of a player who wont even be on the team next year

erickson got fired because he was terrible there and surrounded stud burfict with a bunch of terrible players

sb definitely isnt solid citizen brandon graham but either was ray lewis or warren sapp or jpp

his talent far outweighs his negatives and id easily take him in the top ten and hope he is just young and dumb right now and will mature

phattymatty

thats all true but there's still zero chance of him being high on the eagles list.

phattymatty

i'm starting the eagles honey badger bandwagon now.

Hawk

Is there another Matthews brother that the eagles can use that top ten pick on...

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on December 02, 2011, 01:03:38 PM
Is there another Matthews brother that the eagles can use one of their four 5th rounders on...