2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

to be fair maybe one or more of those guys slips to 123 tomorrow...and if thats the case and they get a guy that can contribute next year at that spot then i will apologize
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

In their defense is that the Eagles had private workouts with Cousins, Foles, Lindley and Russell Wilson so they got their look at him vs those others.

Quoteyou cant take a qb here to be a back up or to spell vick if he gets hurt....thats what FA qb's are for

I would say you can't take your QB of the future here, that is what 1st or 2nd rounders are for, not 3rd round reaches.

Rome

You're suggesting that the WR's available are better options than Avant and I think that's ridiculous.

I do agree with the running back selection, though, but as you've said repeatedly, it's easier to get a backup running back than it is to get a potential QB starter.

They upgraded the DT, LB & DE positions with the first three picks.  That's remarkable to me and it deserves props.  I wish they did something about the woeful safety position or possibly get a better option than Joselio or Curtis Marsh (LOL) but they had four picks and possibly hit on at least three immediate contributors.

I'll take it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 27, 2012, 10:59:52 PM
In their defense is that the Eagles had private workouts with Cousins, Foles, Lindley and Russell Wilson so they got their look at him vs those others.

Quoteyou cant take a qb here to be a back up or to spell vick if he gets hurt....thats what FA qb's are for

I would say you can't take your QB of the future here, that is what 1st or 2nd rounders are for, not 3rd round reaches.

qb's crash and burn in every round almost equally so...nick foles has just as good a chance to be a top nfl starter as rgIII....kirk cousins as ryan tannehill...qb is a literal crapshoot and no one knows how to evaluate them

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 27, 2012, 11:01:51 PM
You're suggesting that the WR's available are better options than Avant and I think that's ridiculous.

im not suggesting it im saying straight up they can upgrade that position...avant is a solid possesion type wr that would look awesome in the 1980's as a security blanket for joe theisman....in todays nfl with video game offenses you need receivers with YAC...i respect avant to the fullest and his ability to make every catch...but if i see him pull in one more pass over the middle and stop drop and roll im gonna shoot myself...they need someone that can catch and run and make plays over the middle

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2012, 11:04:43 PMnick foles has just as good a chance to be a top nfl starter as rgIII

yeah, alright.

I'm going to bed now. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2012, 11:04:43 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on April 27, 2012, 10:59:52 PM

qb's crash and burn in every round almost equally so...nick foles has just as good a chance to be a top nfl starter as rgIII....kirk cousins as ryan tannehill...qb is a literal crapshoot and no one knows how to evaluate them

Sure, and teams know this and that's why they never draft QBs until the 4th round, because they're smart.

Eagaholic

Lol, there was  fly eagles fly after the end of the draft followed by a round of boooes.

ice grillin you

cox - B+
kendricks - B-
curry - B
foles - D+

overall - C+

whats everyone elses grades thus far

PhillyPhreak54

Cox - A
Kendricks - A
Curry - B+
Foles - D

Overall = A-

PhillyGirl

LOL IGY is the funniest armchair GM ever. You make these threads worthwhile to read.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 27, 2012, 11:30:16 PM
LOL IGY is the funniest armchair GM ever. You make these threads worthwhile to read.

and you are the biggest homer ever (sorry romey)

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2012, 11:30:10 PM
Cox - A (95)
Kendricks - A (95)
Curry - B+ (88)
Foles - D (65)

Overall = A- (343/4 = 85.75 = B)

Overall, that actually averages out to a solid B if you assign number grades.