2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on April 24, 2012, 04:01:45 AM
Troy Palomalu. farg.

i didnt know pittsburgh traded up for polamalu...

so the two pennsy teams essentially made identical deals to go up and get their man and one came away with a bust and the other a hall of famer...in a nutshell could anything else so perfectly show why they have multiple superbowls and the eagles dont
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Yep, remember that day like it was yesterday.  I was stuck at work, and they had blocked ESPN.  Had just gotten the internet setup on my nextel I-90 and i watched the draft on a colorless screen.  All i wanted was Polamalu, but knew that it didnt make sense with Lewis and Dawk. When they picked Mcdougle it seemed like a good pick.  Heck, Jamaal Green seemed like a steal. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

every year they take a player that we (fans, analysts, Eagles) think is a "steal."  I've come to learn that we are always wrong.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i think its a case of fans of all teams overrating and wanting to believe their teams draft picks are all winners

other than pimp and maybe killa i cant remember ever thinking they got a steal....green barely started in college and i didnt even know who he was much less remember people talking about him as a steal?....i remember thinking it was cool they were taking a local guy

SunMo

the winston justice pick comes to mind as a pick where everybody was like, "OMG they got a 1st rounder in the 2nd round!"
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah i liked that pick...i LOVED the bunk pick too...and burgess

but i didnt consider any of them steals

to me its hard to get a steal outside of the first round...95% of the time a steal is a guy that is a top five talent and falls 8-10 spots in the first round...sapp was a classic steal imo

once a guy falls to the second round theres usually a reason and the dynamic goes from being positive (oh man hed be a steal) to negative (ewww do we really want him? - how far is he going to fall)...pimp is an obvious exception to the rule

phattymatty

i really want the birds to get that Vandy DE Tim Fugger because that is an amazing name.

rjs246

I want them to pick an undersized white dude from Iowa with perfect grammar so I can sit back and watch this place melt down into convulsive fits of dementia.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2012, 09:26:27 AM
yeah i liked that pick...i LOVED the bunk pick too...and burgess

but i didnt consider any of them steals

to me its hard to get a steal outside of the first round...95% of the time a steal is a guy that is a top five talent and falls 8-10 spots in the first round...sapp was a classic steal imo

once a guy falls to the second round theres usually a reason and the dynamic goes from being positive (oh man hed be a steal) to negative (ewww do we really want him? - how far is he going to fall)...pimp is an obvious exception to the rule

Oh, how quickly you've forgotten about HOF Ingram. 

ice grillin you

hell no...id do that pick again a million times over

you wanna take a chance at a HOF'er or you want teonashammy

Sgt PSN

I guess I should have only quoted the first line of your post.  I was really just ribbing you for how much you loved the pick at the time but didn't mention him along with Bunkley.....both of which were picks I thought were going to be real game changers for the Eagles. 

ice grillin you

i mentioned bunk because i thought he was a player with the talent to go top 5 similar (but not as highly rated) as sapp....and the fact that they got him at 14(?) was in the steal category imo

HOF i no doubt worshipped but more for the hope of what he could become if he stayed healthy as opposed to thinking he was a steal

Seabiscuit36

All i wanted was Ngata when he there at 13.  farging eagles figured there wasn't that big a difference between the two players.  Ozzie must have done a jedi mind farg on the eagles FO or they just proved how much smarter they were. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i think that had more to do with the type of player nagata was...in their mind he was a 3-4 NT run stuffer take on two guys type...whereas they like the smaller quicker tackles who can get up the field...i wouldnt be suprised if nagata wasnt even on their board