2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

That never bothered me, since I just leave the draft on to hear it and not watch it, but it would be nice if they'd shoot all the talking heads that say "They're totally taking Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo" before anyone even gets to the podium.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Good change - agreed. It was annoying to see (or hear) who the pick is before announced.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SD on April 21, 2012, 11:52:07 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2012, 10:19:49 AM
ESPN and the NFL Network have agreed to not show prospects on the phone in the green room right before they are selected. I think most people often found that practice annoying, spoiling the actual moment when the pick was announced. NFL reporters may still try to "break news" of the pick beforehand, but hopefully, this will allow the suspense to unfold a little bit.

I'm all for this and agree with the sentiment that it ruins the moment of the pick. I don't want to know who a team is picking until it's announced. It's a show and what's the use of making a big presentation about it if camera crews and insiders are telling you the pick minutes before it happens.

hopefully they stop feeding to Berman who the pick will be 30 seconds before it's made too.  i notice he's at least cut it down the last year or two, but he had a stretch of 2-3 drafts where he would make some good awful quip before the pick was announced that basically telegraphed who was being selected.

"I think the Eagles will be quite happy to no longer have a Barron wasteland at safety" or something godawful could be expected prior to the pick being announced.

SD

Oh you mean like the time when he starting singing the Lido Shuffle before they picked Lito?

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 18, 2012, 02:40:58 PM
Would anyone be upset if they traded up to take Melvin Ingram?

fwiw mcshay (or someone on tv today) said he thinks ingram could plummet on draft day
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2012, 06:35:22 PM

fwiw mcshay (or someone on tv today) said he thinks ingram could plummet on draft day

wow, you should like, be an analyst

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 22, 2012, 04:46:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2012, 06:35:22 PM

wow, you should like, be an analyst

come again please?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

BigEd76

Flyers off until next weekend...check
Sixers pretty much locked into #8...check
Phillies suck...check

We can pretty much concentrate on the draft all week.  I'm hoping for Cox, Brockers, Barron or Poe....no more DEs please!

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Heckert-concedes-draft-mistakes-with-Eagles.html

QuoteHe also told reporters that he carries the lessons learned from mistakes he made with the Eagles, when he said he was influenced by pressure from within the organization and from outside with fans and media to make picks he should not have made.

The two he pointed to are trading up in the first round in 2003 to take Jerome McDougle from Miami with the 15th overall pick. Four years later, the Eagles took Victor Abiamiri in the second round after trading away their first-round pick.

"You just can't panic," Heckert said this week. "I've done it. I've made bad mistakes for that exact reason. I've traded up in the first round for both [pass rusher and defensive tackle] and they were bad moves. It was strictly for a need. It was something we never should have done.

"I am trying to avoid that. That was a long time ago when we did those, but we've learned from it. There's a lot of pressure from media, fans, people in your building, scouts, and it's my job to say, 'Wait a minute. It's not the right thing to do.

"I think that is the hardest thing to convey to the fans. It's not like we don't want those guys -- we want them just as bad as they do -- but we don't want to make a mistake doing it."

He also, though, has the benefit of two secod-round picks who have become Pro Bowlers - in DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy.

"I'm not tooting my own horn, but, if you can get those two guys in the second round ...", Heckert said, not finishing the sentence

Feva

Ha! The next pick anyone in the Eagles FO makes due to pressure from the fans will be the first...

You know the fans were all over them to draft studs like Matt McCoy, Gocong, Kolb, Abiamiri, Laws and Teo-Neisham

If these guys did listen to pressure from the fans at all, guys like Steven Jackson and Earl Thomas would be Eagles.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

An Andy Reid disciple if ever there was one.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

If I lived in Cleveland I'd be so depressed I'd be 3 bills too. Comfort food.