2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I would rather see a large body guy if they take a DT. When the "wide 9" is most effective there is typically a large space-eater at one of the tackle spots.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Eagaholic

They did retrain Dixon. Though he won't be a starter he could be rotate in there on run downs.

Drunkmasterflex

Yeah but he is only on a one year deal and coming off an injury. Personally I would love to see Brockers or Poe, both have high ceilings.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

dixon also isnt very good....hes another classic case of eagle fans overrating a guy because they may have came out of nowhere and exceeded the lowest of expectations and/or they were one of the better players at a pathetically weak position
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Dixon is fine for depth, he looked like shtein at camp last season and was obviously injured. I don't mind him as a 3rd/4th DT in a rotation. I'd like to have Landri back, he's great as a 3rd down guy.

Drunkmasterflex

Tannehill ran a 4.62 forty today.

Mark Barron ran twice once at 4.54 second at 4.7.

SD

Quote from: SD on March 20, 2012, 10:31:49 PM
Poe isn't falling out of the top 10 and Barron is probably a mid 20's pick. They have the ammunition to move up to pick both players. But since this is the Eagles they'll do something wacky like trade up for Tannehill then trade one of their second rounders for later picks.

Apparently Tannehill IS holding a private workout for the Eagles...meaning they're somewhat interested. The wacky scenario  I mentioned looks like a real possibility.

Drunkmasterflex

I wouldn't have a problem with Tannehill if they didn't have to give up a lot to get him.

My biggest concern with him is he only has 19 college starts. Qbs that have less than two years starting experience have a much higher propensity to be a bust.

Feva

Tannehill is gonna go top 10. If Cleveland doesn't take him at 4, then Miami will at 8. The Vikings have even talked about playing the Browns and Dolphins off of each other and making one of them trade up to 3 to ensure they get him. Bringing in Tannehill prob doesn't mean anything for the Eagles. Just due diligence if by some miracle, he was there for the taking. If they really want him, they'll have to beat out offers from those other teams... which will take at least both 2nds.

For a converted WR with 19 career starts.

I won't say there's no way in hell they're that stupid, because this is the Eagles we're talking about here... so I'll say I HOPE AND PRAY that they're not that stupid.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don't know about him, but his fiance passes the look test:

Sgt PSN

Ohhh....a super skinny blond wearing a stupid hat.  Such a rare breed.  Look test FAIL. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 30, 2012, 11:39:46 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with Tannehill if they didn't have to give up a lot to get him.

My biggest concern with him is he only has 19 college starts. Qbs that have less than two years starting experience have a much higher propensity to be a bust.

my biggest concern is that he doesnt play defense

totally agree with feva...theres no chance they trade up for him...in fact i dont even think theyd take him if he somehow fell to them...unless he has some monumentally good workout...which is why they are doing it...due dilligence indeed

ice grillin you

Drunkmasterflex

Unless they trade up I doubt Reiff is there.

Zanshin

Crap. That one injury changes the complexion of a bunch of potential decisions. Better now than week 1, I guess.