2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on March 20, 2012, 08:58:47 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 20, 2012, 08:49:07 PM
Mark Barron

I wouldn't take him at 15 but if he's around in the 2nd he'd be my pick. 3 years in a row they take a Safety in the 2nd?

Quote from: SD on March 20, 2012, 10:31:49 PM
Barron is probably a mid 20's pick.

he moving up your board real quick...by draft day the eagles might have to trade up to get him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

'If' he was around in the second he'd be my pick. I think he goes early to mid 20's. If I were running the draft I'd take the mid and late round selections, trade up for Poe, trade up for Barron, then take the BPA with the extra 2nd. I don't know what their fascination is with mid to late round picks, the 'we'll just draft a bunch of players and hope a few of them works out' mentality is dumb. Go for talent in the early rounds but give yourself enough leeway to still take players late. Stock piling 4ths and 5ths has gotten them shtein.

ice grillin you

mid and late round picks arent getting you up in the first round like that

to go from 1-15 to lets say 1-8 would take your extra second

another thing id do if they can pull it off is trade assante and take kirkpatrick....i love that cat

Drunkmasterflex

Now that the market for corners is drying up they should be able to move Asante, I doubt they get much more than a 4th for him. 

The Eagles like to take the old Jimmy Johnson approach, unfortunately they don't have his success with the draft. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2012, 08:16:45 AM

another thing id do if they can pull it off is trade assante and take kirkpatrick....i love that cat

Two 3rds moved the Eagles up I think 8-10 spots so they could take Graham. I think it's possible to move up without giving up the second. I actually wouldn't mind if they did ship their extra second off to move up for Poe since they'll probably just trade that pick to move back 47 times anyway.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 21, 2012, 08:56:07 AM
Now that the market for corners is drying up they should be able to move Asante, I doubt they get much more than a 4th for him. 

yeah they arent gonna get shtein for him but i dont really care

Quote from: SD on March 21, 2012, 08:58:54 AM

Two 3rds moved the Eagles up I think 8-10 spots so they could take Graham. I think it's possible to move up without giving up the second. I actually wouldn't mind if they did ship their extra second off to move up for Poe since they'll probably just trade that pick to move back 47 times anyway.

a top ten pick is worth more than #13 tho...and the problem is after the two 2's this year they dont have any extra picks until the 6th round and those obviously arent garnering you anything...they have no extra mid round picks this year

id also def trade an extra two for po po...imo its right around 15 this year where the draft starts to quickly drop off...so its a year to trade up if the opportunity presents itself

Drunkmasterflex

Since draft picks will now be paid a lot less, I think you can throw out the draft chart. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

if anything it will cost more now to move up...im not even talking draft chart tho....in this case you are talking about a top ten pick and i dont see anyway the eagles can move from lets say 15 to 8 without giving up a second

Drunkmasterflex

I think it is situation dependent, the RGIII trade cost a lot because of his position.

ice grillin you

im saying in general since money isnt an issue anymore its gonna take a little more for teams to come off a high pick than it used to

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2012, 10:14:25 AM
im saying in general since money isnt an issue anymore its gonna take a little more for teams to come off a high pick than it used to

Agreed. Cap strapped teams used to almost fear top 5-10 picks because of how much they cost. Not really the case now.

Drunkmasterflex

I have been reading that many teams are looking at Dre as a FS. 

Eagaholic

I read that Fletcher Cox was on a Fox show with Dorsey Levens who asked Cox if he had to name one, what team would he really like to play for. He said Philly because of the one gap attack scheme.

I'd be satisfied with that pick, though there is nothing likely to be there at 15 that thrills me. I'd like it if they traded down a few spots and still got Barron though (not that they would).

Also read rumors that Landri not likely to be back. Too bad, it true.

SD

Cox could be their guy because he fits what they look for in a DT which is a smaller quick guy who can use his hands and shoot gaps. Don't know how I'd feel about him being the pick because I haven't seen enough of him. Seems like a meh pick though.

ice grillin you

cox is also their kind of guy because hes versatile....they love to line up guys at different spots on the line depnding on the down and distance...cox to me looks like the perfect 34 end (i can easily see dallas taking him)...but in an eagles 43 defense i could see moving him all over the place...for example lining him up at end on some running downs and then at tackle on passing downs...not my favorite strategy as i like to have players be in a comfort zone where you can get the maximum out of them....be great at one thing...not good a few things

one thing i love about cox is that people say he has a ton of room to grow....hes only 21...kind of the opposite of the fireman where your pick would be working with a high ceiling